Controlling OB-6 module parameters with prophet 6 module?

Controlling OB-6 module parameters with prophet 6 module?
« on: January 22, 2022, 07:17:58 PM »

I am currently playing on a houseband gig where i have a Nord stage controlling my P6 module.
I only have room for one module on my keyboard station.

I asked our sponsor to provide an OB-6 module that i could swap with my P6 from time to time.

Earlier today, i was thinking how cool it would be if if i could keep my p6 module in place and control/configure the OB-6 module via midi from the prophet module. That way i could have access to P6 and Ob-6 at all times (with an stereo a/b switch to toggle between the two synths).

Really have no idea if this would work but i'd be curious if anyone has tried it before.

I could always edit via the soundtower software, but i find tweaking knobs is more fun and faster for me  :)

Re: Controlling OB-6 module parameters with prophet 6 module?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 04:10:55 AM »

I am currently playing on a houseband gig where i have a Nord stage controlling my P6 module.
I only have room for one module on my keyboard station.

I asked our sponsor to provide an OB-6 module that i could swap with my P6 from time to time.

Earlier today, i was thinking how cool it would be if if i could keep my p6 module in place and control/configure the OB-6 module via midi from the prophet module. That way i could have access to P6 and Ob-6 at all times (with an stereo a/b switch to toggle between the two synths).

Really have no idea if this would work but i'd be curious if anyone has tried it before.

I could always edit via the soundtower software, but i find tweaking knobs is more fun and faster for me  :)

I use my OB6 keyboard as a controller for both my P6 modules. The majority of the features and mapping is the same. So it works really well.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

Re: Controlling OB-6 module parameters with prophet 6 module?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 07:01:45 PM »
Awesome! Can't wait to try with my rig. Thanks for the reply jago!