Please help. Sounds cancelling each other out

Please help. Sounds cancelling each other out
« on: February 28, 2019, 11:37:28 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm back on my tempest but something strange happens since some time. For example if I have a kick pattern playing and want to add some hihats, I can't hear the kicks anymore where the hats are playing. Which means the sounds are cancelling each other out, so that I always can hear just one sound on each step. I go through the main out. Id really appreciate some tipps or ideas

Thank you very much!

Re: Please help. Sounds cancelling each other out
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 01:26:56 PM »
Are you using chokes?Are you familiar with Tempest’s voices and how they work?

Re: Please help. Sounds cancelling each other out
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 12:23:54 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm back on my tempest but something strange happens since some time. For example if I have a kick pattern playing and want to add some hihats, I can't hear the kicks anymore where the hats are playing. Which means the sounds are cancelling each other out, so that I always can hear just one sound on each step. I go through the main out. Id really appreciate some tipps or ideas

Thank you very much!

I would check out the voice assigning menu and hit all the pads that have sounds assigned to them. Rule out stuff like if you have choke, voices etc... If your beat is very crowded without voice assigning, my experience is that the first sounds you program, cancels out sounds that you program later. But if you recording for example another note/pitch of the same sound on top of another of the same sound, it will replace the first one.