FEAT.REQ: Simultaneous Sequencer and Arp

FEAT.REQ: Simultaneous Sequencer and Arp
« on: February 20, 2018, 04:57:54 PM »
Please, dear DSI,

it would be very useful to have sequencer and arpeggiator play together at the same time (with a sequencer, feeding arp with notes ). No hardware fix needed, it's not so difficult but P6 will be 100.000.000 times cooler for complex sequences as before! 

one more time - ARP midi out please!

Jdoo

Re: FEAT.REQ: Simultaneous Sequencer and Arp
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:48:24 AM »
I would suspect the capability is nearly there.  On the P-6' cousin, the OB-6, it is possible to enable an Arpeggio over a Sequence.  This is capable, if you have the desktop module.   If you have the OB-6 module, mapped to a keyboard… have at it.  You can map the Sequencer Start/Stop via the NRPNs in the Manual.  Do the same with the Arp Stop / Start NRPNs.  With these mapped to your controller – you can start a Sequence, then enable the Arpeggio for your patch.  Holding keys will fire off your arpeggio, during a sequence.. 
Order matters.  You need to fire up the Sequencer first, then the arpeggiator.   Like I said, this is on the OB-6 desktop module.  I have things mapped to my Axiom Pro 61.

Since the P6 shares these internal bits with the OB-6, I wouldn't be surprised if the capability isn't hidden inside the P6 too.  In any case -- it seems the art of the possible, is nearly there, with both these instruments.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:51:59 AM »
I don't think there's going to be another update for the P6, OB6 or even REV2 in regards to the on board sequencers any time soon.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 06:37:57 AM »
nice to know! yes, it is not something completely impossible, and I was surprised about it wasn't implemented from the beginning...

I would suspect the capability is nearly there.  On the P-6' cousin, the OB-6, it is possible to enable an Arpeggio over a Sequence.  This is capable, if you have the desktop module.   If you have the OB-6 module, mapped to a keyboard… have at it.  You can map the Sequencer Start/Stop via the NRPNs in the Manual.  Do the same with the Arp Stop / Start NRPNs.  With these mapped to your controller – you can start a Sequence, then enable the Arpeggio for your patch.  Holding keys will fire off your arpeggio, during a sequence.. 
Order matters.  You need to fire up the Sequencer first, then the arpeggiator.   Like I said, this is on the OB-6 desktop module.  I have things mapped to my Axiom Pro 61.

Since the P6 shares these internal bits with the OB-6, I wouldn't be surprised if the capability isn't hidden inside the P6 too.  In any case -- it seems the art of the possible, is nearly there, with both these instruments.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 06:42:13 AM »
why? I know the DSI policy about the updates (as a former Tempest user... ), but these sequencer things are quite basic and so logical... yes, we can still use external seq/arps, but having it onboard change things a lot...

I don't think there's going to be another update for the P6, OB6 or even REV2 in regards to the on board sequencers any time soon.

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 07:19:52 AM »
why? I know the DSI policy about the updates (as a former Tempest user... ), but these sequencer things are quite basic and so logical... yes, we can still use external seq/arps, but having it onboard change things a lot...

Dude I've been asking for the ability to transpose the sequence on the fly without having to hold down the RECORD button ever since the Prophet 6 came out, we are 2 more synths from the P6 and the issue is still the same. I don't hold my breath anymore. I just work around it.