Trying to decide the best digital synth.

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Trying to decide the best digital synth.
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2017, 02:50:38 PM »
Now that I recently acquired a P-12  :) (absolutely wonderful instrument) perhaps my need for the Nord may wane.

My, what a lovely signature you have, Soundquest!

Now that it's official, I'll be interested to hear any reflections you may have comparing the Prophet 12 with the Poly Evolver Keyboard. 

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2017, 11:01:01 AM »
Ahh yes,  I sort of thought Dave needed a mid-west show room ;)

The P12 immediately impresses me with its sonic character as well as its ergonomics.  Speaking of Evolver...I did stumble into one onboard patch that struck me as quite "Evolver like".   

It will be interesting to see how I perceive as P12's niche.  With the only exception of no sequencer, this instrument really has it all and will likely replace the Evolver as my new flagship. 

Sacred Synthesis, you had mentioned P12's lesser variety of digital wave shapes compared to the PEK's.  True enough, but the ones that are included are the same as on the Pro2 so I've become pretty familiar with them.  The go- around is that each shape can be manipulated, so there's a pretty large palette.  Nevertheless, a nice update someday might be the ability to import you own waveshapes as you can on the PEK.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2017, 12:08:20 PM »
Yes, you're right.  I didn't spend much time with the Prophet 12 exploring its digital potential.  That would have been part two.  The sorts of digital character I hear being used in one video after another doesn't appeal to me, but I understand now that a more musically pleasant digital character does lurk within the P12.