Your Music

Re: Your Music
« Reply #980 on: April 24, 2024, 08:05:11 PM »
Hey all. Just another track I did recently while moving over to Digital Performer full time. I recently saw the film Digital Man (1995) and loved it so I wanted to do a tribute to the theme by Jim Goodwin. Not a 1:1 cover but I think it turned out well.

The Prophet X is doing the strings, M1 style magic piano, synth and guitar sounds as well as some cinematic pads and twisting metallic sounds.

The ISLA S2400 is doing the drums using a Roland R8 sample pack I got from Cyborg Studio and I believe a few orchestral snare rolls from the EMU library. The S2400 is also sequencing everything as well.

After a trying week. I'm trying to remain positive and move forward.

As always, hope you enjoy and thank you for your support.

℗ Everett Dudgeon 2024

Re: Your Music
« Reply #981 on: Yesterday at 08:36:41 PM »
We (wife/best-friend and I) made a trip to the Oregon coast to walk on the beach, read books, make meals together, and sip some wine. We each took along some of the fundamental accoutrement of our favorite hobbies. For me, that meant a couple of desktop synths, a tiny keyboard controller, and my laptop with Logic Pro.

Attached image goes here, but I'm not clever enough to figure out how to get it to show here ...

While watching an impressive storm rage on the beach/ocean in front of us, I improvised a piece. I played the Peak and the Trigon-6 with the same midi input  and decided I quite liked the combined "patch". The Novation Peak patch had a faster attack and so is more in the front. I had a darker and slower attack patch dialed up on the Trigon; it provides more of the atmospheric and darker part of the sound.

After playing it back, my wife wondered aloud if it would be possible to capture some of the ocean sounds, so I added "wave" acoustics using noise generators and filter sweeps from both the Peak and Trigon. Later when I got home, I recorded some of the counterpoint "flute-like" melody with the Minimoog. I spent more time than I would like to admit creating the rhythm/drum parts with hand-baked hits through EZ Drummer kits and Punch Box. And the occasional seagull chirps are from a sliced up loop that I found in the Logic Pro library.

It is very much an atmospheric/ambient (aka boring) piece. But it evokes good memories for me of our time there.

Or, the spotify link:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:38:35 PM by markwilkins »