SYNTHET - patch editor (Prophet-6 layout)

SYNTHET - patch editor (Prophet-6 layout)
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
Hi there,
I released SYNTHET - standalone unversal synthesizer patch editor.

MAIN FEATURES:
  • Parameter Control: Full communication and reflection between editor and synthesizer.
  • Multiple Instances: Ability to alternate between multiple patches for editing and sound design.
  • MIDI Control: Support up to 4 midi controllers with “learn” feature.
  • Program Manager: Powerful program manager for cataloging patches. Ability to use tags, import, and export patches./li]
Product page: http://codeknobs.com/synthet

I'm ready to discuss in this thread all questions regarding Prophet-6 and Synthet work.

Herr Schmitz

Re: SYNTHET - patch editor (Prophet-6 layout)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:17:41 AM »
What does universal mean ? Can I design my own editor to interact with other synthesizers ?

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:29:43 AM »
What does universal mean ? Can I design my own editor to interact with other synthesizers ?
It called universal because it support not only P-6 but other DSI synthesizers. Unfortunately users can't design custom layouts. But I planned to add support other synthesizers (not only DSI).

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »
SYNTHET tutorial by Jig Dagod

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 03:29:34 AM »
Does your program import from and export to sysex files?

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 03:52:25 AM »
Does your program import from and export to sysex files?
Yes it does.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 02:08:44 AM »
SYNTHET v1.05 Released!
New feature: UI scale

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »
This looks great, gonna try it out. Thx codeknobs. Are you planning  to develop it as vst aswell? because in that case would be good to develop it like moog did with the sub37. Lemme explain , basically when used in daw the sub37 editor opens up as an fx and not as an instrument like most editor do. Obviously i have no clue how they did it, but having as an fx keep the midi sync between the daw and the synth. 99% of synths editor developed as intruments  require the synth's midi ports to be disabled in the daw settings, doing that you can edit the synth but lose the sync with the daw. Looking forward to try this tho!

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 01:12:35 PM »
This looks great, gonna try it out. Thx codeknobs. Are you planning  to develop it as vst aswell? because in that case would be good to develop it like moog did with the sub37. Lemme explain , basically when used in daw the sub37 editor opens up as an fx and not as an instrument like most editor do. Obviously i have no clue how they did it, but having as an fx keep the midi sync between the daw and the synth. 99% of synths editor developed as intruments  require the synth's midi ports to be disabled in the daw settings, doing that you can edit the synth but lose the sync with the daw. Looking forward to try this tho!
Yes. I'm working on vst solution. Thanks for sub37 advice, I will check it. But I think in case vst-fx I should implement midi driver (for windows version) that can be to difficult for me :) Also as I know, my vst editors for mopho and tetra have no problems with synchronization.

Herr Schmitz

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 02:25:52 PM »
I think what he means by synchronization is automatic latency compensation. That's what happens if you use a midi plugin on an audio track in Cubase, such as Midishaper. If I add audio plugins with latency to the track or other tracks, midi timing gets corrected and data gets send out nicely timed. It does not need any driver.

However, it should be possible to do this properly and setting up synthet as virtual midi instrument instead of an fx. Not like this Soundtower crap but a proper midi instrument that can be connected to a hardware instrument within Cubase, which allows full latency compensation. If you have questions regarding this I will happily explain this further.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 02:19:00 AM »
SYNTHET v1.06 Released!

New features:
  • "Lock Parameters". Now you can lock speceific parameters and when you load parogram from Program Manager these parameters will be skipped. For example you could lock Osc Frquency to get tones you want, lock envelopes to get sounds with dynamics you want and etc. To lock parameter just right click on it and choose "lock" in context menu. Locked parameters marks red locks icon.
  • Sound design tool "INTERPOLATOR". It allows you morph (interpolate) sound between source and destination and get alot interesting timbres. In conjunction with the "Lock paramters" it's a powerful sound design tool allows you get new sounds you want.
  • Sound design tool "TRANSPLANTATOR". This tool generates new sound by compile from multiple programs you selected (donors). It also allows you get alot of new intersting timbres and more powerful in conjunction with "Lock paramters".

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 06:28:37 AM »
Synthet updated to v1.11
- Updated layout for Prophet-6
- New feature: Ctrl+Dbl Click on parameter reset it to default value
- Minor fixes

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 08:33:22 AM »
Black friday sales available!

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 11:40:55 PM »
Synthet X-mas sale. Only for 14$!
http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=6

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 04:23:18 AM »
Version 1.15 released!
New feateures:
- Polyphonic step sequencer control
- Dynamic changes parameters names in FX section.
- LFO FREQ and DELAY TIME in synced mode now shows bpm synced values.
- Dropdows by single click.
- Minor fixes and optimizations