Prophet 6 possibly tuning issue?

Prophet 6 possibly tuning issue?
« on: November 30, 2016, 08:13:35 PM »
Hi, I have a brand new P6 and I've noticed that I need to calibrate it very often, or at least more than I expected, as it starts to detune (I use Ableton Live's tuner to check). Although the manual suggests running the calibration procedure the first days, it's been almost a month and I still need to calibrate it every 1 or 2 days. Sometimes I turn it on and I need to calibrate it after 3-4 hours of use. In addition, the tuning doesn't seem to be perfect - it's perfect in C2/3 but sometimes moves a little bit in upper notes.
I know it's analog, and VCO, but it seems strange to me, why there is a "Slop" knob if the tuning is not that stable? I would expect this from a vintage synth, but not from a new one. And it takes some time to run the calibration, is not something that you could do between songs in a show.

Has anybody experienced something similar? Is this normal?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:21:39 PM by ffernandez »

Re: Prophet 6 possibly tuning issue?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
Anybody? I need to know if I should contact DSI or this is expected.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »
After a month it should be running stable. So in case you're currently not opening the windows constantly to let some cold winter air in and then return to heating, I'd get in touch with the support.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 08:55:22 AM »
After a month it should be running stable. So in case you're currently not opening the windows constantly to let some cold winter air in and then return to heating, I'd get in touch with the support.

Ok Paul, thanks for your answer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 02:54:39 PM »
I had the same issue. It was explained to me that there is a dictionary-type lookup table for temps and timings. It's very likely that when you are playing, it's either not coming up with a good "average" transposition, or it's clamping to a too high/low temp.

When it acts up, run the tuning. Do it each time. It'll get better.

To see current running temp, hold down Transpose and press 3. Internal temp can be different than ambient.