Strymon Big Sky or Eventide Space for Prophet 6

Strymon Big Sky or Eventide Space for Prophet 6
« on: November 22, 2016, 01:57:44 AM »
I've spent about a month with my Prophet 6 and absolutely love it!
Have been tempted to get some external effects gear to go alongside it, and was originally looking at maybe the new Elektron Heat. However... in my search for info on the heat I have come across 2 amazing sounding pedals: The Strymon Big Sky & the Eventide Space.

Have any of you got either or both to use with your Prophets and would you recommend either one or the other to use with the Prophet 6?

8)

Re: Strymon Big Sky or Eventide Space for Prophet 6
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:48:48 AM »
Both the Big Sky and the Space have their advocates. Personally, I went with a Big Sky as I felt it blended better with the dry sound of the synth. The cloud algorithm sounds incredible on anything. Instant ambient.

I think you're right to focus on a quality reverb to partner with the P6. It will definitely give you something that goes beyond the inbuilt effects.

Re: Strymon Big Sky or Eventide Space for Prophet 6
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:58:21 AM »
From the comments I've read many places it seems that many will say that the Strymon Big Sky does sound better for a 'classic' reverb effect while the Eventide Space has more parameters and can go to wild places that the Big Sky cannot reach.

Another option you may consider is the Eventide H9. Although more expensive it give you just about every possible effect in a single box. A single H9 max is expensive but if you buy a 'Core' after that you will pay less than half the price and end up with 2 Eventide fully loaded (same as 2 max). I did in fact bought 3 (1 Max + 2 Core) and the total I've paid is  not too bad considering that all three are loaded with all the algos, which is the same as 3 Max.

LA