Next firmware update?

Next firmware update?
« on: May 20, 2024, 07:58:18 PM »
It's been almost a year since the last firmware update. I'm wondering if a new one will ever be published to correct the bug where the Page 2 Aftertouch Amount parameter is not working when LFO mode is set to OB-8, and still sends the maximum amount? It works okay when LFO mode is set to OB-X/Xa.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Prophet REV2 (16V), VC340

SMV

Re: Next firmware update?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 02:48:40 AM »
Yes, true.
Besides the bugs it should be nice to have the arp bpm shown and the clock divider feature.
SMV

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 02:04:39 PM »

Some thoughts,
  • Unless I am missing something the modulation paddle is normally only effective in one direction. When the modulation paddle is pulled downward it proportionally engages modulation. It doesn't seem to have a function when pulled up.

Can we give it a purpose? Perhaps in Page 2, give settings for what get changed and range. Options like filter modulation, filter amount, OSC2 pitch, macros?

I would like the option for non-quantized oscillator pitch settings, combined with allowing for specific tuning chances to be save with the patch. When using cross modulation, the pitch can drift considerably. Essentially allowing for a patch that sounds great, but is hopelessly out of tune to be made usable.

Split and Double modes could benefit from allowing a different base tuning for the constituent patches.

I have one problem when I play... I run into the Transpose Up button causing a jarring change in pitch. A way to optionally lock them, or a mode requiring two click to engage the change would be helpful. Otherwise, I'm going to have to become a better player ;)

I love my OBX8!
    -Rob

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2024, 03:42:34 PM »
I been asking this from the beginning.

The Envelopes are digital, so please (respectfully) add in page two a delay parameter and a loop (on or off) for each envelop.  It would really expand the sound design possibly to the next level.

SMV

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 09:05:13 AM »
Yes, the mod paddle is just working in one way. The other side is totally lost. So, they could add it as a mod source for a selectable destination
SMV