USB Squealing at 4khz ?

USB Squealing at 4khz ?
« on: April 03, 2024, 01:52:04 AM »
Haven’t noticed this before , and it’s not an issue in my Pro 3. However I’m getting usb squeal at around 4khz. It’s only noticeable when I have a maximiser on a mix to about -9 lufs. I can notch most of it out , but I’d rather not.
I’ve tried a usb isolator that cuts any power, but it’s not passing the data for some reason. Tried powered usb hubs , straight into my Mac Mini , my last option would be to use din , anybody else had this ?

Re: USB Squealing at 4khz ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 04:27:08 AM »
The usb Isolator should work. Perhaps yours is just broke.

Re: USB Squealing at 4khz ?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 02:58:05 AM »
Haven’t noticed this before , and it’s not an issue in my Pro 3. However I’m getting usb squeal at around 4khz. It’s only noticeable when I have a maximiser on a mix to about -9 lufs. I can notch most of it out , but I’d rather not.
I’ve tried a usb isolator that cuts any power, but it’s not passing the data for some reason. Tried powered usb hubs , straight into my Mac Mini , my last option would be to use din , anybody else had this ?

You should really ask this in the Pro 3 section.  Why would you ask it in the Prophet 5 Prophet 10 section?  Usually people here don't have Pro 3s.  just sayin.

oh you have the prophet 5 prophet 10?  No never had that problem on my Prophet 10.  I just had the problem that a VST AMPIRE was causing some problems in my signal coming from Reface DX.  It had the cabinet emulator on it, and was making a buzzing and high pitched sound because of that.  You probably have something similar.  Have you isolated the problems and if so what audio relaying programs did you isolate them in?  Did you try isolating the problem with a different maximizer?  Is that a VST Maximizer?  Does it also happen when you are not on battery or on battery for your little laptop?  I find that the problem of hum and buzz can be different depending on the interface or laptop being plugged. 

It is really bad to use a Maximizer.  I was glad to get rid of it.  Other plugins I was able to get rid of after I discovered that noise was made by the AMPIRE VST included, Waves AR Mastering plugin, 2 different gates, Maximizer by AIR, Izotope RX7.  It was a total relief to get rid of these plugins.  A complete load off.  The Maximizer in particular was a real problem cause it lowers the volume of some of the instruments in the mix when some loudness from one instrument comes along.  Not just that, but maximized music is like an illness.  Grunge music of the 90s and 00s comes to mind.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 03:05:18 AM by 558 »
Prophet 10, 0692
Ryzen 3900XT 12/24
Studio One
iPhone 5s Moog Model D via bluetooths of Reface Looper or Xkeys, Arturia Beatstep Pro w/Roland System 1m, Roland JP08, Roland TD17s as drums &->Prophet 10, Oxygen 8v2->Prophet, Akai Adv 25 or Launchey arps->Prophet10 or any all VSTs.