Poly unison bug with hold pedal

Poly unison bug with hold pedal
« on: February 28, 2024, 02:07:42 PM »
I’m on 2.0.4 and panel 1.1.3 and have just spotted what I think is a bug:

Set pedal mode to “hold” in the globals.

Play a normal polyphonic patch. Press the the sustain pedal so that the “hold” light is lit. Now play a note repeatedly and you’ll hear that the envelope retriggers.

Now enable PU2 mode and do the same thing with the pedal and repeated note. Now you’ll hear only the first trigger; no more notes are played.

If I’m not mistaken, PU2 should behave in the same way as non-unison in this circumstance, the only difference being that two voices should be sounding.

Have emailed Sequential support and asked them to look into it.

Re: Poly unison bug with hold pedal
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 11:39:29 AM »
I think I’ve found where the issue is. Basically it is to do with the envelope retriggering mode (set by holding “keyboard” and the +/- buttons). It seems that PU2 mode is behaving as though it were a monophonic unison sound in that the envelope behaviour is influenced by by the “R” for retriggering the lo/las/lor/lar settings.

I’d say this is a bug as polyphonic unison ought to behave like normal polyphonic patches as regards envelope triggering, only with each note played by two voices instead of one.

I attach videos showing the behaviour with and without retriggering enabled via this wetransfer link:
https://we.tl/t-CY8MwVzNAV

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 08:57:12 PM »
I think I’ve found where the issue is. Basically it is to do with the envelope retriggering mode (set by holding “keyboard” and the +/- buttons). It seems that PU2 mode is behaving as though it were a monophonic unison sound in that the envelope behaviour is influenced by by the “R” for retriggering the lo/las/lor/lar settings.

I’d say this is a bug as polyphonic unison ought to behave like normal polyphonic patches as regards envelope triggering, only with each note played by two voices instead of one.

I attach videos showing the behaviour with and without retriggering enabled via this wetransfer link:

That was my guess as well as PU2 is implemented as a submode of the unison mode. I haven’t checked it yet but if you set the unison mode to retriggering „last“ wouldn’t that fulfill your expectations?

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 09:27:40 AM »

That was my guess as well as PU2 is implemented as a submode of the unison mode. I haven’t checked it yet but if you set the unison mode to retriggering „last“ wouldn’t that fulfill your expectations?

It should do. It’s very much a workaround though to what, in my opinion, should happen normally.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 03:05:24 PM »

It should do. It’s very much a workaround though to what, in my opinion, should happen normally.
I see your point. On the upside you have the option to apply any of the onison trigger modes which you don’t get in the “regular” polyphon mode (if I’m not mistaken). So one could see this as a feature not only as a workaround ;)