Sequential Rev2 16v not powering on.

Sequential Rev2 16v not powering on.
« on: February 12, 2024, 05:12:49 AM »
Hi, New to the forum and posting with what appears to be a major problem... :(

Unit bought new in 2020 and worked fine since. Haven't used it for a few months, so switched off (though still plugged in) and under its dust cover.

I've now come to use it again and when I switch on all I get is an electrical buzz through the monitors.
Switched it off, pulled the lead and left it unplugged over night. Tried again next day and same result, though this time all the red light indicators light up.

So, has this happened to anyone else? (couldn't see anything when searching the forum) and any advice on repair options? (I'm in the UK)

Thanks in advance for your help...

Re: Sequential Rev2 16v not powering on.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 07:38:29 AM »

Unit bought new in 2020 and worked fine since. Haven't used it for a few months, so switched off (though still plugged in) and under its dust cover.

I've now come to use it again and when I switch on all I get is an electrical buzz through the monitors.
Switched it off, pulled the lead and left it unplugged over night. Tried again next day and same result, though this time all the red light indicators light up.

So, has this happened to anyone else? (couldn't see anything when searching the forum) and any advice on repair options? (I'm in the UK)

Sorry to hear your machine has gone glitchy - best advice is to contact Sequential support directly. They're famously responsive/helpful!

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 09:13:00 AM »
Sorry to hear your machine has gone glitchy - best advice is to contact Sequential support directly. They're famously responsive/helpful!

Thanks. Yes, logged it with Sequential Tech Support. Waiting to hear back.  :(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:16:23 AM by chysn »

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:33:58 AM »

Thanks. Yes, logged it with Sequential Tech Support. Waiting to hear back.  :(

It's Monday morning, only 9:30am at Sequential HQ in San Francisco just now, but hopefully they'll be able to get back to you quickly!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:15:58 AM by chysn »

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 11:01:58 AM »
Update...

I contacted Sequential tech support (US - shout out to Brian Tester) and the following day he responded to say he suspected a blown PSU. £27 for a replacement and an easy install that I could do myself following the instructions that he sent.

After agreeing to the install Brian passed me on to Focusrite (UK - shout out to Matt Sharlot) who dispatched the part, which arrived today.

15 minutes to install, a re-callibration and we're all good.

Can't deny it's frustrating that it blew in the first place, but the correspondence with Sequential / Focusrite has been first class, it didn't dent the wallet too much and I avoided having to send the unit away for repair, so not a bad outcome at all.

In case it's useful, I've attached the install instructions here, as it's also how you get to the fuse.

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/rev2-keyboard-psu-removal/

Now to make some noise!  ;D