Prophet 08 Key delay/velocity issue

Prophet 08 Key delay/velocity issue
« on: September 24, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
Hey there everyone!

New to the forum, just got a brand new Prophet 08 PE key model and after day one of playing around with it, I've began noticing an issue where certain keys either have a delay on when the sound is actually produced or have a velocity issue to where certain keys require quite a bit more push on them in order to get any sound out. Hoping someone here has had a similar issue or has any ideas on a fix. I've emailed DSI but it's the weekend and they wont get back to me on Monday and I've got some deadlines due for a project and was hoping to have a quick fix. I've tried resetting the global param and re calibrating but it didn't seem to help. Also checked to make sure I didn't have polychain on and it's indeed off.

Heres a video of the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5eleuvk3dd9m7i/IMG_4793.MOV?dl=0

Thanks so much!

Nick

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Prophet 08 Key delay/velocity issue
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:42:30 PM »
I've got one of your problems  On my Prophet '08, one key delays about a quarter of a second the first time I depress it.  I've lived with it, since using it one or twice usually takes care of the problem for a session.  It's not related to any sort of sound or parameter setting.  I suppose it could be fixed with a bit of cleaning of the contact.

I'll be interested to hear what DSI tells you.

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »
Yeah, I tried pressing it multiple times to ease it in or something in hopes of it working itself out but no luck. Very curious if DSI will have an easy fix.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »
I had similar problem for the first time today. one key (c4) triggered the sound propperly, but it didn't transmitt duration when holding the key down. it sounded like a turned down sustain on the amp envelope, but i had sustain fully cv and it worked properly on all other keys. and just like sacred synthesis said, the problem went away within a few minutes of playing. might be according to dust on the inside as i have my p8 for 3 years now.