Polyphonic aftertouch information sent via MIDI?

Polyphonic aftertouch information sent via MIDI?
« on: October 25, 2023, 02:29:09 PM »
I just got a Rev 2 and have read where it can accept polyphonic aftertouch information via MIDI...maybe a dumb question but does it also 'send' polyphonic aftertouch information via MIDI? I have a Hydrasynth desktop and would love to be able to send to it.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
Re: Polyphonic aftertouch information sent via MIDI?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 04:21:04 AM »
I just got a Rev 2 and have read where it can accept polyphonic aftertouch information via MIDI...maybe a dumb question but does it also 'send' polyphonic aftertouch information via MIDI? I have a Hydrasynth desktop and would love to be able to send to it.
No I don't believe that is possible as the Rev2 key bed is channel (monophonic, channel pressure) aftertouch. I am not sure if you can fiddle with the on-board sequencer on the Rev2 to let it record and sent poly-aftertouch messages. I haven't tried that as I use outboard sequencers most of the time.

I also have a a Hydrasynth desktop and I am having really fantastic results using the Osmose as a controller. The Hydrasynth becomes a completely new kind of expressive instrument when played using an MPE controller.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.