OBX8 with Effects Pedals

OBX8 with Effects Pedals
« on: October 02, 2023, 12:35:20 AM »
I have a  OBX8 that I use with a Roland RE201 Space Echo AKA RE20 pedal also have an Eventide Space and Timefactor I use the Eventide Space with my SeqPRO3 and the Eventide Timefactor with my Moog Voyager. Was wondering if anyone is using the Eventide Modfactor or Eventide Pitchfactor with the OBX8. Would be interested in hearing some perspectives of users that may have both the  Pitchfactor and Modfactor. I know the Pitchfactor harmonizes and does arpeggios. I also know the Modfactor does flangers ,phasors,chorus type effects. The Pitchfactor seemed to me to be able to create special effects
that seemed more untraditional. I thought possibly the Modfactor would be better for a polyphonic analog synth since it would benefit from more  traditional effects.Delay and Reverb work well with monophonic analog synths especially when it comes to soloing. Would the Modfactor be best with a polyphonic analog synth? Thanks appreciate any sinsight between the two from users that have had time to evaluate the pros and cons of each . Both specialize in what they offer and I realize thier not the same . There’s also personal preference involved. Was wondering if one would be used more often than the other given the application. Thanks

Re: OBX8 with Effects Pedals
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 07:23:10 PM »
For what it's worth, I use mine with my Axe Fx III. It sounds great with a bit of chorus, delay, and reverb. I don't think you can go wrong with the mod factor (I also briefly tried mine with my H9 Max). I never cared much for the H9 pitch factor stuff, so I'd say the mod factor would be much better, unless you need the pitch stuff.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 04:03:14 PM »
For what it's worth, I use mine with my Axe Fx III. It sounds great with a bit of chorus, delay, and reverb. I don't think you can go wrong with the mod factor (I also briefly tried mine with my H9 Max). I never cared much for the H9 pitch factor stuff, so I'd say the mod factor would be much better, unless you need the pitch stuff.
I thought about the Modfactor thinking that it would be a better choice than the Pitchfactor. Pitchfactor seems to me to be able to not only harmonize or do arpeggios but create special effects. I thought the Modfactor would be more conventional.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 04:14:59 AM »
I thought about the Modfactor thinking that it would be a better choice than the Pitchfactor. Pitchfactor seems to me to be able to not only harmonize or do arpeggios but create special effects. I thought the Modfactor would be more conventional.
Sadly, as good as the useful effects are in Eventide's repertoire, there are a vast number of just useless/gimmicky effects. On the H9, I basically only use the Spring, Blackhole, and Shimmer reverbs, a couple of the choruses, and a couple of the delays. But I agree - the mod factor would absolutely be a better choice than the pitchfactor, particularly if you're going for classic sounds.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 04:40:29 PM »
Sadly, as good as the useful effects are in Eventide's repertoire, there are a vast number of just useless/gimmicky effects. On the H9, I basically only use the Spring, Blackhole, and Shimmer reverbs, a couple of the choruses, and a couple of the delays. But I agree - the mod factor would absolutely be a better choice than the pitchfactor, particularly if you're going for classic sounds.
I would think for a polyphonic synth the Modfactor might be a better option. I’ve never tried either the Pitchfactor or the Modfactor . I’ve just heard the demos .