Wall-mounting a Pro One?

Wall-mounting a Pro One?
« on: August 21, 2023, 01:46:51 PM »
I never play my Pro One using its keyboard. I have it running from CV via my Dopefer DE, which acts as a MIDI-to-CV controller. I'm thinking it'd be nice to gather my Sequential gear together. With that in mind, I'm wondering about mounting the Pro One to the wall, just above where the Drumtraks in the photo sits. I'm no good with tools/carpentry etc. Assuming I wouldn't end up doing the work myself, what's a simple way to best mount the Pro One to the wall, flat (and secure!)?

Forgive my terrible Photoshop mockup, but hopefully it gets the idea across...

chysn

Re: Wall-mounting a Pro One?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 05:10:10 PM »
It's an interesting idea. One thing that comes to mind is using one of those articulated wall mounting brackets for 42-inch computer monitors. When mounted properly, it would be able to support a Pro One's weight. You could keep it mounted flag against the wall, but then pull it forward for tweaking.

Downside is that you might have to drill four holes in the Pro One's bottom panel in order to fasten it to the bracket. It's possible that you'd just need to remove the feet, if those holes are positioned properly; these brackets usually have a generous number of connection points and adjustments available.

For example: https://www.amazon.com/Pipishell-Bracket-Articulating-Leveling-600x400mm/dp/B09MFCKZX7
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 07:18:44 PM »
It's an interesting idea. One thing that comes to mind is using one of those articulated wall mounting brackets for 42-inch computer monitors. When mounted properly, it would be able to support a Pro One's weight. You could keep it mounted flag against the wall, but then pull it forward for tweaking.

Downside is that you might have to drill four holes in the Pro One's bottom panel in order to fasten it to the bracket. It's possible that you'd just need to remove the feet, if those holes are positioned properly; these brackets usually have a generous number of connection points and adjustments available.

For example: https://www.amazon.com/Pipishell-Bracket-Articulating-Leveling-600x400mm/dp/B09MFCKZX7

A curious suggestion! I'm not keen to have to do any drilling into the poor Pro One, though! And I can see that my terrible (getting worse each time I look at it!) Photoshop job doesn't present perspective clearly, but the Pro One would be well within easy tweak range flat on the wall. It'd probably be a few inches closer to me than it usually is.

Truth is I hardly mess with the panel - I have it set for synth bass and rarely use it for anything else these days. I guess part of the thrill behind this idea would be to encourage more synth twiddling. The Pro One was my first synth and one I always enjoy mucking about with.

chysn

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 02:27:10 AM »
Not all those brackets articulate, so you may be able to find something suitable that mounts flush against the wall. This would be more like a small LCD TV mount.

If you can find one locally, you’ll be able to measure the hole locations so that there’s no drilling needed.

Even if you mount it by only the back (um… top!) two footholes, it should be plenty stable.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 06:13:21 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 07:13:59 AM »
A promising notion!