PRO 3 Velocity overdub not possible?

PRO 3 Velocity overdub not possible?
« on: July 10, 2023, 02:45:34 PM »
So I cannot figure out how to overdub velocity via the value knob. It seems to overdub notes rather than velocity and I couldn't find a way to toggle between those modes. I think it should be the other way around - the value knob should overdub velocity, while to change notes one should use the step & note encoders.

chysn

Re: PRO 3 Velocity overdub not possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 11:25:05 AM »
While holding Track Select, choose Track 1, which is all the note info. The screen is divided into two halves: notes on top (and selected with soft knob #3) and other stuff (velocity, duration, etc.) on the bottom half. Press the bottom soft button that says "velocity" and use soft button #4 to set velocity. The current velocity value will be shown at the upper right of the screen.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 02:36:58 PM »
Thanks! What your are describing is what I understand though.

The problem I have is that I want to overdub velocity while the sequencer is playing by the means of turning the value knob above the sequencer. So that I can easily create for example velocity up/down ramp across the 16 steps.

chysn

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 05:36:59 PM »
As far as I know, there’s no way to record velocity independently. Velocity and note are linked together during recording.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 01:19:29 AM »
The whole concept of first 3-4 tracks is implemented in a slightly odd way.

I would make it work like this:
1 - notes
1.1 - velocity
1.2 - duration
1.3 - ratchet

Tracks 1 and 1.1 could both display both notes and velocity, but the value knob would edit notes on 1 and velocity on 1.1.

To cycle between the tracks, encoder 2 is sufficient, cycling between them via repeat pressing track + step 1 would be nice to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the original intention (looking at the HW interface design), but something went wrong in the SW design front (16 lanes possible, 17 lanes unfortunately not?).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:16:05 AM by RadekPilich »