Prophet switches itself off and not turning on

Prophet switches itself off and not turning on
« on: March 28, 2022, 09:39:31 AM »
Hi guys

Turned my prophet on for the 3rd time this month and today I had it on for 5 hours, jamming after I uploaded new user banks from 3rd parties and suddenly it started switching off. I thought it went into sleep mode and couldn't get it awake so proceeded with off and on switch and ran for a bit then switched off again and my speaker did a wobble and sub pulsing noise. I then put then speaker off and changed cables a few times and in a different wall to power clean but went on for a few seconds and off again ? Must I return my synth ?

Re: Prophet switches itself off and not turning on
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 09:50:10 PM »
Hi guys

Turned my prophet on for the 3rd time this month and today I had it on for 5 hours, jamming after I uploaded new user banks from 3rd parties and suddenly it started switching off. I thought it went into sleep mode and couldn't get it awake so proceeded with off and on switch and ran for a bit then switched off again and my speaker did a wobble and sub pulsing noise. I then put then speaker off and changed cables a few times and in a different wall to power clean but went on for a few seconds and off again ? Must I return my synth ?

I suspect the onboard switch-mode power supply failure. Contact Sequential Support about it.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: Prophet switches itself off and not turning on
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 03:05:45 AM »
I did not do a reset global parameters after a SysEx dump :(. I tried a hard reset holding global and LFO 2 or 3 and it eventually just switches off after a few seconds. its not on long enough for me to go global and down to reset global parameters :((

I need a quick hard reset function :( so bummed about this