Sysex bank upload question

Sysex bank upload question
« on: September 10, 2018, 12:49:10 AM »
Hi Rev-2 users,

I hope someone can help me. I am new to working with sysex. The Rev-2 is my first hardware synth and I love it.
I bought a very nice sound bank from Analogue Audio. The installing overwrites user bank 2, which is no problem.
I also installed the DSI own bank, from the website, with the original Prophet 8 banks. The installing overwrites user banks 1 and 2.
So I now miss my Analogue Audio bank. Is it possible to install that one onto User bank 3?
In the text file it came with it explained that installing it will overwrite 2 by default.

I hope someone can help me

thanks in advance!!

Bart

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Sysex bank upload question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:04:30 AM »
Unfortunately there is no way to copy banks of sounds around on the REV2 itself, but it could be easily done using a computer editor...

Since the bank you bought is in bank2, you could ask the seller, if they can provide the SysEx file in four versions (one for each bank)... alternatively I can set up a file for you, but that would have to be the Prophet-8 bank from DSI that I can split into two SysEx files where the first 128 sounds are in bank1, and the next 128 sounds in bank 3 (so that they do not interfere with bank2 that your bought bank will load into).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:06:03 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: Sysex bank upload question
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
Laser Mammoth is great for organizing and backing up your patches. We recommend it to people all the time.

https://f0f7.net/fe/#/SysexLibrarian
SEQUENTIAL