Sync Pulsar patch

jg666

Sync Pulsar patch
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:21:57 PM »
This is just a quick initial post before I go to bed so I don't forget to ask!

I'm not sure which Banks it's in because I have it in my favourite user bank the patch is Sync Pulsar

Do you get a kind of deep popping sound from the lower notes on the keyboard with this patch? It's more noticeable with the mod wheel from half way to full for me. I do use headphones so might be noticing it more.

I'm just checking to see if others get this as my synth is probably coming up to the 1 year mark, but this is something I've always noticed with this patch (and a couple of others I think)

Sorry if this is a bit vague, I can provide more information tomorrow if required :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

jg666

Re: Sync Pulsar patch
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 10:34:47 PM »
I've just done a search in my Soundtower software and this patch is

F2 P67 Sync Pulsar.

The 'popping' or maybe 'booming' can be heard if you hold down the lower notes or keep playing them rapidly. It doesn't do it all the time. I'm hoping it's an effect or it's something that everyone gets but would like to know :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:52:24 AM »
Hey mate, no popping or anything that sounds wrong here I’m afraid.

jg666

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:54:28 AM »
Hey mate, no popping or anything that sounds wrong here I’m afraid.

OK thanks. I’ll have to try and record it but I only have a camera I could do that with at the moment.

jg666

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23:31 AM »
Ok here's an mp3 file hopefully it will let you hear what I'm talking about, it's the rhythmical booming type noise I hear.

Edit I forgot to say that it's A1 where I hear that and it's more prominent with the mod wheel further up.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:38:21 AM by jg666 »

jg666

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »
I would be grateful if someone could comment on whether their Rev2 sounds the same as mine on this particular patch please :)

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 05:49:19 AM »
Ok here's an mp3 file hopefully it will let you hear what I'm talking about, it's the rhythmical booming type noise I hear.

Edit I forgot to say that it's A1 where I hear that and it's more prominent with the mod wheel further up.

I have the same crackling noise as in your mp3 file. Guess the cause is the OCS 1 FREQ modulation in the LFO sections on both layers. I took some out and the crackling diapered.

jg666

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 06:42:59 AM »

I have the same crackling noise as in your mp3 file. Guess the cause is the OCS 1 FREQ modulation in the LFO sections on both layers. I took some out and the crackling diapered.

Excellent thanks very much for your reply :) I really don’t want to have the hassle of getting it repaired etc so am desperate for there to be nothing wrong with my Rev2 !

jg666

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 03:51:17 AM »
I've just updated to the latest firmware and I'm pretty sure that this problem has now gone. I've tried to recreate it a few times but so far it seems to be behaving better in my opinion :)

I'm not sure which firmware version fixed this because I've not really tried it since I made this post last year.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 04:18:00 AM »
I read in the OSthread that they fixed a fringe problem with the oascillators in the latest beta, so maybe that is the cause
If you need me, follow the shadows...

jg666

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 04:30:29 AM »
I read in the OSthread that they fixed a fringe problem with the oascillators in the latest beta, so maybe that is the cause

I didn’t actually notice that until you pointed it out! I think you are right :)