Cycling oscillator shapes

Cycling oscillator shapes
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:45:40 AM »
Probably not but is it really impossible cycling different oscillator shapes on the REV2 through some modulation?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Cycling oscillator shapes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 07:34:20 AM »
Probably not but is it really impossible cycling different oscillator shapes on the REV2 through some modulation?

That depends on what you mean by "cycling waveshapes"... if what you want to achieve is to rhythmically (or sequentially) run thru different set values of the SHAPE parameter, then yes... you can use the Gated sequencers, and route them to the SHAPE parameter, and control the speed of this with the BPM setting/time divisions.

If what you want is to change between the square, sawtooth, triangle and pulse waveforms you cannot... the waveform select parameter is not in the ModMatrix destinations.

You could simulate it though by sequencing the oscillator mix parameter, and then choose the waveforms on each oscillator... combine the two layers for this and you could in theory have a sequencing between four different oscillators with different waveform selections... but it'll be a complicated program to create.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 07:37:21 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
You could simulate it though by sequencing the oscillator mix parameter, and then choose the waveforms on each oscillator... combine the two layers for this and you could in theory have a sequencing between four different oscillators with different waveform selections... but it'll be a complicated program to create.

interesting method. another example of how much depth and potential this Rev2 has :D
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »

Thanks!
That was really a great idea and probably complicated as you say to get the timing right between the two layers. Will give it a try tomorrow.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 02:11:11 PM »
Got it working  8)
Tried it with the gated sequencer on both layers using the same time signature
In layer A I changed OSC MIX between sawtoth and saw/tri on destination 1 and turned the VCA-ENV-AMT down when layer B is playing on destination 2.
In layer B I changed OSC MIX between Triangle and puls on destination 1 and turned the VCA-ENV-AMT down when layer A is playing on destination 2.