REV 2 stopping playing midi in Logic...helllllllllp!!!

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
REV 2 stopping playing midi in Logic...helllllllllp!!!
« on: March 01, 2018, 08:43:50 PM »
So I’ve had the most frustrating day trying to get my Rev 2 to stop bugging out.  It records midi into logic fine and even plays the midi back fine but it eventually after a few minutes will either get stuck on a note OR it will just stop playing the midi notes in logic and I will have to turn off the Rev 2 to get it to work again.  This is so frustrating, I have a 4 other hardware synths that do not present any problems like this so I know it’s not my midi settings in Logic.  I have local control set to off on the Rev 2.  Has anyone encountered these issues?  Any tips on any settings in either Logic or the Rev 2 that I must adjust?  Please I’m dying for help or answers as I would rather not return this synth but if it keeps acting up like this I’ll have no choice  :(
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Re: REV 2 stopping playing midi in Logic...helllllllllp!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:01:57 PM »
I can only strongly suggest that you contact the excellent DSI support team via email. They're usually very quick to respond.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:47:03 AM »
So I’ve had the most frustrating day trying to get my Rev 2 to stop bugging out.  It records midi into logic fine and even plays the midi back fine but it eventually after a few minutes will either get stuck on a note OR it will just stop playing the midi notes in logic and I will have to turn off the Rev 2 to get it to work again.  This is so frustrating, I have a 4 other hardware synths that do not present any problems like this so I know it’s not my midi settings in Logic.  I have local control set to off on the Rev 2.  Has anyone encountered these issues?  Any tips on any settings in either Logic or the Rev 2 that I must adjust?  Please I’m dying for help or answers as I would rather not return this synth but if it keeps acting up like this I’ll have no choice  :(

Are you using USB or Midi connection? I had a similar issue using Studio One while using USB, but it worked fine when I used midi. I haven't tried it lately with USB, but I assume I would get the same results.  I reached out to tech support and they had me try a few things and still couldn't get it resolved.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 06:40:37 AM »
Ughhh, yes i called over to DSI yesterday and I was suggested to disable soft midi thru in Logic but I’ve been all over logics settings and it’s not logic as I said I have other hardware synths which operate just fine.  I will call again today and hopefully speak to Carson about this issue. 

I will lose midi signal or a note will get stuck especially as I am turning the filter cutoff knob....

SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:26:09 PM »
Same thing with my synths. It only happens with the REV 2. I couldn't figure out which knob would make my notes get stuck.  If I just let the recording playback by itself looped it'll take awhile to stick, but turning a knob would makd it get stuck quicker.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 09:06:39 PM »
Same thing with my synths. It only happens with the REV 2. I couldn't figure out which knob would make my notes get stuck.  If I just let the recording playback by itself looped it'll take awhile to stick, but turning a knob would makd it get stuck quicker.

Jigaggod ...wow you were right on the money homie!!!  I tried so many more hours on my day off today trying to sort this issue out with Carson and Andy...solid dudes BTW....to no avail....so luckily i ended up having a MOTU midi interface lying around and boom!  I set the Rev2 up vía midi cables to the MOTU and looky here...everything now works FABULOUSLY...no more issues!  Thank god for the midi interface!!
www.syzygyxmusic.com

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 03:31:06 AM »
Good to hear you get your problem solved!
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 08:56:31 AM »
Good to hear it's work for you.  I still wish they would fix the USB issue whatever it. midi is a bit slow with changing patches

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 10:57:31 AM »
I am relieved that i found a fix as I was about an hour away of returning the Rev2 to Sweetwater to exchange it for a Prologue.  The Prologue sounds sweet but I went with the Rev2 because of its many mod slots, LFOs, and aftertouch.  I can’t believe Korg would make it’s flagship synth with only 1 LFO, no mod matrix and no aftertouch....

What do you mean when you say Midi is a bit slow with changing patches?
www.syzygyxmusic.com

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 04:37:26 PM »
What do you mean when you say Midi is a bit slow with changing patches?

That it takes like a second longer to switch to the next patch if you're scrolling through sounds. Its not a huge issue. Just noticeable when I switch from USB to Midi.