Case for Desktop Rev2?

buchlabum

• west coast synthesis please...
Case for Desktop Rev2?
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:06:39 PM »
Does something like the Pro2's soft mono case or Tempest soft case, but for the Desktop Rev2 exist?  DJ controller cases look like they might work, but I think the Rev2 module is maybe twice is thick as the average DJ controller and the pots would get a lot of pressure on them.

Any Pelican or SKB cases?  Like a case for a pair of short sawed off shotguns would work maybe.  Haha.  Doesn't have to be a flight case, just protection from the elements, and semi long term storage (sitting in the closet for a few months).

Re: Case for Desktop Rev2?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:11:14 PM »
Does something like the Pro2's soft mono case or Tempest soft case, but for the Desktop Rev2 exist?  DJ controller cases look like they might work, but I think the Rev2 module is maybe twice is thick as the average DJ controller and the pots would get a lot of pressure on them.

Any Pelican or SKB cases?  Like a case for a pair of short sawed off shotguns would work maybe.  Haha.  Doesn't have to be a flight case, just protection from the elements, and semi long term storage (sitting in the closet for a few months).

Are any of the Mono cases Pedalboard range suitable? Think they changed the name of the range recently. They used to be something like pb1, pb2 and pb3 for model numbers.
A quick google search should throw up the dimensions.
Worth a try.
I have the Mono pb2’s for any none fly gigs for my Fractal AX8’s mounted to Templeboard duo 24 pedalboards. They are a great case and much easier to lug around than my proper flight cases.

buchlabum

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I'll check them out and hopefully one fits.   Soft is prefered over flight, flight cases are way too bulky for my needs.

buchlabum

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 06:28:17 PM »
To answer my own question (for anyone else interested in a case for their Rev2 module), I noticed that the OB-6 has a carrying bag.  In the description, it says the Rev2 will fix, but may need some extra padding on the end.  Sounds like the Rev2 is a little shorter than the OB-6.

Here's the link:
https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/product/gig-bag-desktop-modules/

It was right under my nose the whole time...  :)