Prophet hangs in DAW

Prophet hangs in DAW
« on: December 27, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Prophet 6. After a few minutes of use in Daw (FL Studio 12.5) Prophet hangs, a preset that was used playing continuous signal. Until I remove the USB from the computer or do not reset the synthesizer (off / on) nothing works, nothing can be changed, just hangs. Could it be the fault of the audio interface? I use the focusrite scarlett 2i4. For information, I will add that I also use another analog synthesizer and nothing happens like that. My Prophet 6 is updated to version 1.4.0, and i use Prophet 6 Sound Editing Software from soundtower.
thank you in advance for your help

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
Re: Prophet hangs in DAW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:02 AM »
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Prophet 6. After a few minutes of use in Daw (FL Studio 12.5) Prophet hangs, a preset that was used playing continuous signal. Until I remove the USB from the computer or do not reset the synthesizer (off / on) nothing works, nothing can be changed, just hangs. Could it be the fault of the audio interface? I use the focusrite scarlett 2i4. For information, I will add that I also use another analog synthesizer and nothing happens like that. My Prophet 6 is updated to version 1.4.0, and i use Prophet 6 Sound Editing Software from soundtower.
thank you in advance for your help

Is "Local On" - You can find it in the Global settings.  If it is on, then you are creating a MIDI Loop that goes from the P6, into the DAW, then back out again, and again....

Turn it to "off"
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 08:13:06 AM »
unfortunately it didn't help

any ideas?

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:57:16 AM »
unfortunately it didn't help

any ideas?

If you run SoundTower for a while, without any problems (and with FL Studio not running), then it's likely a configuration issue within FL Studio. You could also try the VST version (SoundTower PlugSE), rather than the standalone version, to see if that solves your problem.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
I connected prophet to the interface via midi cables, and now it's ok, nothing hanghs. It is possible that the usb cable was damaged. Thank you for your help :)
 Do you know how to make Prophet 6 SE Plugin remember the sound I used in the song? Every time I come back to the project, I have to search the preset again.

Thanks

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
My Prophet 6 just started doing this for me as well!?
Never had an issue with the system, rock solid as ever.
But as of today, I had my DAW freeze several times, as well as three Blue Screens!
Never had a blue screen on Win 10 before!?
As soon as I unplugged the Prophet 6, my computer started acting normal again.
And now it's been solid for 6 hours.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 01:43:07 PM »
I'm having the same problem, all kinds of weirdness. Frequently the Prophet become unresponsive and needs to be powered down and then back up to get it to play notes into Ableton. The suggestion to turn "Local" off, I don;'t understand that one at all, that means you lose control over the synth while you're playing it, that doesn't make any sense. What you want is to be able to record midi notes directly from the prophet, then play them back from the DAW, as well as recording CC messages from knob changes.

I want to guess the USB midi implementation is fussy, but I really don't want to go to a MIDI cable.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 02:06:20 PM »
I know it's stupid, but I think there is no other way. For me, unfortunately, I can not work in a different way. I can only use midi cables. And theneverything works fine. I even tried  today to switch to usb but after a while Prophet hangs. What system do you use? Windows or IOS?

I'm having the same problem, all kinds of weirdness. Frequently the Prophet become unresponsive and needs to be powered down and then back up to get it to play notes into Ableton. The suggestion to turn "Local" off, I don;'t understand that one at all, that means you lose control over the synth while you're playing it, that doesn't make any sense. What you want is to be able to record midi notes directly from the prophet, then play them back from the DAW, as well as recording CC messages from knob changes.

I want to guess the USB midi implementation is fussy, but I really don't want to go to a MIDI cable.