Strange issues with my new Rev2

Strange issues with my new Rev2
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:18:04 PM »
I'm new to synths and just purchased a Rev2. I did the Firmware update and calibrations.

When my external step sequencer the Arturia Beatstep is running, sending on MIDI-Channel 1 as a master, I hear the steps in the Rev2 but not always: sometimes a step is missing or seams delayed.
And then suddenly the poly sequencer starts automaticly and also stops after a while, without me doing anything, and sometime there is suddenly a permanent high whistleling tone, that only stops when I change the editing layer. Even when I load a basic patch this happens - whats going on?

Re: Strange issues with my new Rev2
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:03:20 PM »
I'm new to synths and just purchased a Rev2. I did the Firmware update and calibrations.

When my external step sequencer the Arturia Beatstep is running, sending on MIDI-Channel 1 as a master, I hear the steps in the Rev2 but not always: sometimes a step is missing or seams delayed.
And then suddenly the poly sequencer starts automaticly and also stops after a while, without me doing anything, and sometime there is suddenly a permanent high whistleling tone, that only stops when I change the editing layer. Even when I load a basic patch this happens - whats going on?

Seams as if it had something to do, that the Arturia got the USB-Power from a Socket of my PC. Now that I switched the power out of the PC and into a normal power plug the issue seams gone...
The P12, that I had before didn't react with issues... I'll keep an eye on this...

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:38:33 AM »

Seams as if it had something to do, that the Arturia got the USB-Power from a Socket of my PC. Now that I switched the power out of the PC and into a normal power plug the issue seams gone...
The P12, that I had before didn't react with issues... I'll keep an eye on this...
Hi Kai-vD, just check your MIDI slave configuration. I believe the Beatstep is sending MIDI start/stop signals when you press the play/stop button. The "normal"  MIDI slave clock (in globals) setting on the Rev2 starts the poly-sequencer when it receives a MIDI start datagram. Switch it to the next slave setting (Slave no S/S) to disable this function.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 10:46:35 PM »
Thanks! That is very helpful!