Program changes with midi foot switch

Program changes with midi foot switch
« on: November 21, 2017, 01:24:08 PM »
Hi all

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is at all possible to switch between presets using a midi foot switch with the Rev 2. So basically sending program changes with a foot switch. Could't find it right away in the manual... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

4dubs

Re: Program changes with midi foot switch
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
Great question.  I'm using the Rev 2 in a live setting, and switching programs with the program encoder is not exactly reliable.  Haven't tried it yet, but a couple of touring musician buddies of mine swear by the Tech 21 MIDI Mouse.  There's obviously the Keith McMillen stuff too, but that gets pricey.  The Tech 21 piece seems to be the best value for the $ depending on what your needs are.
DSI:  Prophet 6, Rev 2 16v, Pro 2, OB6
Other:  Moog One 8v, Model D reissue, Voyager, Sub 37, Nord Stage 2 SW73, Behringer Mono/Poly & 2600, Studiologic Sledge Black, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium desktop & STVC, Mellotron Micro, Modal Cobalt 8X, Expresive E Osmose

Jason

• Bandmix
Re: Program changes with midi foot switch
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:53:16 AM »
The other one mentioned on another page is:

"I use this for just that purpose: http://www.one-control.com/gecko-mkii-midi-switcher.html
Extremely simple and reliable. I've been using it for live performance for months with no issues, and my music requires some pretty rapid program changes. I set up a user bank for live use, and use the pedal in "Manual" mode."