Sequencer and DAW

joesh

Sequencer and DAW
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »
Hi

I have a slightly strange problem between the Rev2 and a DAW (Ableton or Reaper). For some strange reason when I press play (or record) the DAW automatically sets off the sequencer on whichever sound I've got it set up on. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where the problem could be - is it the synth, or the DAW (or just me)?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I have another problem concerning layer control (using a DAW), or how to split and control the two layers A and B. I'll post that separately - better for reference - but it might be linked with this problem?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:54:29 AM by joesh »

Re: Sequencer and DAW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
Set the Midi clock setting to "Slave no S/S" as in no start and stop and you should be good.

Or if you don't need the sequencer running, just set it to off and set BPM to match your DAW. It's what I do as the midi clock syncing doesn't seem to work so well with annoying tempo jumps at start and stop affecting the delay.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:15:20 PM by mikehammon »

joesh

Re: Sequencer and DAW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »
Hi Mike, I'll try that, I hadn't thought about setting the the whole thing to 'OFF'.

If I remember correctly the PolyEvolver had a nice setting where you could switch the sequencer clock off, maybe that's what we need here (ON/OFF).

Big thanks.