Prophet 6 Mid transposed?

Prophet 6 Mid transposed?
« on: June 30, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »
Just got my 6. Love it, but whenever i send it to Midi out. The second i hit play the patch adds this octave thing to my note. Like two octaves up. Stays there until i reset the patch. Then, once i hit the play button in my DAW it again, adds the octave thing. Doesn't matter if I close the DAW, it still stays with this layered octave thing until I reset the patch...

Edit : Upon further inspection, it only seems to be osc 1 thats affected by the pitch shift...2 stays at the normal note.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:16:01 PM by nbassett88 »

Re: Prophet 6 Mid transposed?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
Hi, I had the same or at least a similar problem.
First, you could check if it's the same parameter (Osc pitch) that is affected with other presets as well. For me, it changed with presets, but always something was altered (and always by the same amount) when hitting Start/Stop.
Well it turns out that this is some Midi information that is sent by the DAW which is related to changing presets. If your Midi track or plugin has some parameters called "bank" or "patch", for example, you can try turning them off. If not, this is what works for me:
Set the bank and patch parameters MANUALLY and watch the Prophet's display, it should scroll through preset numbers. Do that until you find your desired preset and leave it there. When pressing Start or Stop everything should work ok now.
The only thing that still happens for me is that every time I start playback, whatever I have edited is lost as the last saved state of the preset is loaded again. So save in between Starts and Stops. At least until you can figure out how to filter out these subliminal Midi messages.