Osc1 Voice3 isn't playing

Osc1 Voice3 isn't playing
« on: January 06, 2017, 12:10:38 PM »
No sound coming out of osc1 voice3, when no voice is assign it does not play all the times and when i assign a voice only 3 isn't playing at all...

When i try to calibrate oscilator & filters, when it gets to voice3 osc1 whaveshape it freezes and stays there forever...

So my guess is something wrong with voice 3 osc1..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ner9onuaxl79esr/2017-01-06%2020.44.30.mov?dl=0

this is very frustrating... what can i do?

i already submitted a ticket on the support page, but wondering if anyone experienced something similar...

My tempest OS is the latest official release:

Main 1.4
Panel 1.3
Sam 1.1
Voice 1.4

Re: Osc1 Voice3 isn't playing
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 02:22:31 PM »
hi prisma,
i have a similar issue here. as soon as i assign a sound to a voice, all unassigned sounds won't play. i didn't notice this for quite some time because usually i have all my sounds assigned to the voices. i can calibrate them though.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »
sorry wrong video before, this shows better the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aypx1d2e5bnmpjy/2017-01-06%2020.45.05.mov?dl=0

so in your case voice allocation does not work? you are being forced to assign it... some manual work every time you wanna make a beat, but at least they work...

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 03:00:08 PM »
yes, sort of, it works when nothing is assigned. did you try reloading the os?

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »
mmm no didn't try that, i thought of updating to de beta, but i wasn't sure... i am gonna try...

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 04:54:23 PM »
Try to download again all the files needed for updating to the latest beta OS/Voice and make sure the process is successful.Also calibrate without the cables plugged in.If that doesn't fix the problem my guess is that you're having a faulty unit.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 03:35:26 AM »
Just tried it, updating the OS and VoiceOS to the latest beta successfully but my problem is still there and when i calibrate it gets to voice3 osc waveshaper1 and stays there forever...

So my guess is that voice3 osc1 is dead :(

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 06:14:06 AM »
So my guess is that voice3 osc1 is dead :(

This is so heartbreaking the first time it happens to you. Last year voice 4 went for me.

NOT TO WORRY

Contact DSI support. They will get you sorted. If you are the original owner an it's still under warranty then it should be covered.
If you are not the original owner not to worry. It's a $25 fee. That's it. For me I was past my warranty so I had to pay $25.

READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY: They offer a swap option that you should ask to do.

My advice. Is to pay the $175 DEPOSIT and get the board sent to you. That way you can still use you tempest an play around with it. When the new board arrives to you. Simply open up your tempest. Disconnect the cable. Put the new one in and send back your old board. When your board arrives back at DSI they will refund you. If you are out of warranty or a previous owner they keep $25 and refund you back $150

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 06:59:22 AM »
Oh i see, i am out of warranty, so that's really a good option to pay the deposit and get the board, so i can keep my tempest all the time :)

Now i feel better knowing there is a solution for not sending the machine over (which is annoying when you are on the other side of the world)

Thanks for your answer, you made my weekend a bit better now!