Oracle For The P12 iPad App

Re: Oracle For The P12 iPad App
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
Hey there. Brand new to P12 and just bought the app. I scanned through all the posts so far and I just want to make sure I got this right.

To use it you have to connect the ipad directly to the prophet via thunderbolt-to-usb-midi, correct? Which means the P12 wouldn't be connected via usb-midi to the computer at the time of use.

But you could set the interface to 'network' if your iPad is hooked up to wifi, but I don't immediately see where you do this in the app. And I don't understand the steps after that to get it working (I'm not familiar with OSx audio midi routing).

I know some of these things might seem trivial, but I think it be really awesome to have like a 'Getting Started' info tab in the app where it could let noobies like me know any basic setup things.

Anyways, looking forward to using the app, from what I've read, you've done amazing work.

R

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
If your P12 is connected to your computer, you can use the iPad over WIFI to send the Sysex / CC's to the computer, which can then we routed to and from the P12.

1) In Oracle's upper left MIDI menu you select NETWORK for both the Input and Output Ports
2) Using macOS's built in "Audio MIDI Setup" app, you connect your iPad to the current Session (Window → MIDI Network Setup)
3) In the bottom right of the MIDI Network Setup view, you can select the P12 Input / Output as a Live Routing
4) Now, the P12 can send / receive MIDI from the Network Port, aka WIFI.

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »
If your P12 is connected to your computer, you can use the iPad over WIFI to send the Sysex / CC's to the computer, which can then we routed to and from the P12.

1) In Oracle's upper left MIDI menu you select NETWORK for both the Input and Output Ports

Posting this via my iPad (WiFi connected). I see no options or ways to set in/out

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2020, 04:45:36 PM »
That is super weird. What happens if you hit Rescan? Network should always appear in both tables.  What iOS and iPad model?

Ideas:
- Restart the iPad
- Does the "Network" port appear in other MIDI apps?
- Reinstall Oracle

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:01:45 PM by mekohler »

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2020, 05:48:00 PM »
That is super weird. What happens if you hit Rescan? Network should always appear in both tables.  What iOS and iPad model?

Ideas:
- Restart the iPad
- Does the "Network" port appear in other MIDI apps?
- Reinstall Oracle

Restarting the iPad did the trick! If you still want iPad info lmk

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »
Nah, must be some weird iOS bug...I've used the same MIDI library for years & in all of my apps, and that has never happened. Anyways, enjoy.

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2020, 06:12:35 PM »
Actually, another question for you. I've hook up my iPad via network to midi/audio on mac, but when I try to send/receive, nothing happens. NRPN is on for both param send/receive on the prophet. Attached is a picture of my ipad network midi config.

In the tip menu you mention connecting via OSX's MIDI Setup "Live Routings", it doesn't allow NRPN to pass through - that's not this is it?

Also, does the app 'write' to a program in a bank on the prophet or does it save the presets on the app/how would you access oracle made presets?

ps. If you integrated a social aspect to the app where people could make patches and share them with each other via the app, I'd throw you another 10 bucks though that probably be tons of work, just an idea

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2020, 06:31:04 PM »
You need to click on your iPad name and hit "Connect"...yes, macOS Live Routings has a bug where NRPN does not pass through...they never fix it :\

I use Sysex for the major Sound Design functions, but if you want NRPN's to work (dial movements) you can't use Live Routings.

It does not write to a Bank, it just populates the current active Patch. You should manually save the Patch / Bank on the P12 itself once you have something you like.

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2021, 07:11:26 PM »
Update 3.1:
- Improved support for 10.2" iPads
- Improved support for the new iPad Air
- You can now set the Morph Amount under Options
- Added more Scales to the Sequencer Module
- Saved presets / files are now sorted by date
- UI Changes

lowered price to $4.99 as well

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2022, 05:41:59 PM »
Update 3.2:
- Added support for the new iPad Mini
- Bug Fixes
- Minor UI Changes

« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2023, 01:59:58 PM »
Just purchased this but cannot get it to work on two separate iPads. Both are connected to midi through wifi on my Mac and are seen by other apps such as Lemur. As another user reported, the midi screen in Oracle is blank. I tried restarting both iPads but the problem persists.

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2023, 09:43:30 AM »
I ended up connecting my iPad via usb directly and got the app working. Reported a few bugs which have been fixed. The app is very handy. You can easily recall things like a complex modulation matrix or delay setup. The random and morphing features are also very nice and can produce interesting results. Worth the small investment.

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2024, 07:49:27 AM »

To find out the oldest iPad/iOS version compatible with this app, I'll use CX File Explorer. First, I'll open the App Store on my iPad and search for "CX File Explorer." Once I find it, I'll download and open the app.

Now that I have CX File Explorer open, I'll navigate to the app's settings or information section. Usually, this can be found by tapping on the menu icon or my profile picture. In the settings or information section, I should be able to find details about the app's compatibility.

After checking the compatibility information, I can determine the oldest iOS version supported by CX File Explorer. This will help me decide which used iPad to purchase for running the app.