Oracle For The P12 iPad App

Re: Oracle For The P12 iPad App
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
I'm not actually sure what your problem is though. You are trying to use BitWig's piano roll to trigger the P12 keys, and that interferes with the app syncing? Need a few more details :]

Correct. First I connect iPad with midimux and the Windows studiomux application and set up the source and destination to "Prophet 12 Keyboard". App works as expected. Then I fire up Bitwig and connect midi out to P12 like so:

The synth now only receives from the iPad app and cannot be triggered by midi clips inside from Bitwig. Usually I use Bitwigs Hardware Instrument which send midi and receives back audio:

So my main point here is if I don't connect the iPad app, Bitwig outputs nicely midi data to P12.

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2018, 07:36:59 AM »
I'm not familiar with the midimux / studiomux app in Windows, but maybe there is a MIDI feedback loop occurring? Are there any free MIDI CC apps for iOS you could reproduce this with (maybe the issue is not iOS but the MIDI relaying in studiomux?)

Oracle just sends MIDI to whatever port you chose, it can't / won't hog that port up or prevent it's use from other apps, so I'm unsure what is going on.

Anyone else on Windows?

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2018, 05:27:15 PM »
Update Out:
- Improved musicality of all intelligent patch types
- Improved UI
- Optimizations and Bug Fixes
- Added Oscillator Mutes (forum request)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:29:40 PM by mekohler »

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
Price now $3.99

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 08:51:08 AM »
Update Out:

- Improved musicality of all Patch Types
- Improved musicality of Randomization
- New Sound Design functions
- FIXED: Receiving a program from the P12 would incorrectly process Layer B
- UI Updates

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »
such a nice update just a day after i bought a P12 (for the second time)

it seems i have to buy this app now ;)

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2018, 05:50:19 AM »
such a nice update just a day after i bought a P12 (for the second time)

it seems i have to buy this app now ;)

8)  If you have any suggestions / feature requests let me know!

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2018, 12:00:02 PM »

Any other useful functions you guys can think of?

I'd look at what Chadwick at Coffeeshopped has done with his editors/patch librarian apps, he's a few years in so they're pretty mature, and just did a major update.

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2018, 10:35:30 AM »
Update Out:

- SplitPoint and Split / Stack Mode values are now correctly processed when receiving P12 Sysex
- Added Multi-Mode toggle and the ability to specify Multi-Mode Channels
- Added description under the Help Menu explaining the P12 Multi-Mode Sysex bugs
- UI Changes: seeing which Layer you are on, and if you are in LINK mode, is now more apparent

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
Are you crazy?? I just read through this thread and OMG! it looks amazing!! Ima gonna check it out! Havent got an ipad though! !!

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »
Update Out:

- Added XY Pads to control Slider Position / Pressure for those with the Desktop Module
- Minor UI Changes
- Fixed some Modulation Presets

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »
Note, that if you attempt to use OSX's Audio "Live Routing" feature in the  Audio Midi Setup, it will not pass through NRPN's. This is a bug on Apple's part.

Did Apple ever fix this bug?

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »
Sorry if this was covered somewhere but I didn't see it - can you do Sysex dumps from this to backup patches offline?

It came to mind due to the comment made about losing patches etc when having to do a fresh install, so it would be good to know you could at least save your work elsewhere and reimport it after a fresh install.

Also I saw a few comments that the price went down to $3.99, but it's back up to $9.99?  Were those just temporary sales?  My P12 doesn't get here until next week, but I'm super excited to be able to try this editor out with it.

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2018, 02:16:14 PM »
Apple still hasn't fixed the NRPN bug in "Live Routings"  >:( . This will affect individual parameter adjustments, but not the intelligent patch creation which relies on Sysex.

Yes, that was a temporary sale. In terms of backing up, I think there are better options for that: Using P12's Dump All command in it's global menu and something like Sysex Librarian to just receive the dump. I don't have a feature to request all Programs, as this is primarily meant to be a creative tool to generate new ideas. I will look into adding some archive feature for a future update though!

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2018, 10:14:11 AM »
Thanks so much for adding the sliders! I feel like my P12 module is fully featured now!

I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement, but what do you think of adding multitouch?

I'm thinking how nice it would be to use two fingers to scroll up/down & one finger to modify parameters. Every once in a while, I accidentally miss one of the knobs and I scroll the screen accidentally.

The app is really amazing. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:24:12 AM by zroeder »
Prophet 12 module, Pro 2, Prophet 6, Digitone, Octatrack, Analog Rytm Mk2, LinnStrument

« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:04 AM »
Yeah that's a good idea...it's a more a problem of apple's implementation of scrolling views. I would need to hack it to override their code, I'll look into it. If you always want to trigger the XY-Pads, put your finger down for a fraction of a second before moving, for now.

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
Update out:
- Improved sensitivity of XY-pads

* I experimented with 2-finger scrolling and it didn't work well with the amount of knobs on screen...this update makes the XY-pad trigger faster, however

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2019, 10:17:16 AM »
Lowered price to $7.99

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2019, 12:26:52 PM »
Update Out:
- UI Updates
- Improved support for iPad 11"
- Minor bug fixes

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2020, 08:17:23 AM »
 The price has been lowered to $6.99  8)