Oracle For The P12 iPad App

Re: Oracle For The P12 iPad App
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017, 06:01:11 PM »
I am looking for a used iPad with the sole intent of running this app.  What is the oldest iPad/iOS this app will work with?

Thank you,
Michael

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »
I am looking for a used iPad with the sole intent of running this app.  What is the oldest iPad/iOS this app will work with?

Thank you,
Michael

Any iPad that support iOS 9.3 and above. I used to use this on my old iPad mini with no issues.

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 01:10:39 PM »
Minor update released today

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2017, 04:54:05 AM »
Another update:
- Added ability to lock individual sub-modules (OSC, LFO, DELAY, AUX ENV) by LONG-PRESSING on the module number
- New Presets

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2017, 08:09:34 AM »
Hello,

I haven’t had a chance to use this amazing app yet... expecting my iPad to arrive later this week.  But I had a question about something that the app may or may not be able to do.  Do you think it would be possible to mute or solo Oscilators using this app?  Just a thought.

Thanks,
Michael

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 12:00:24 PM »
Hrrrm, very good idea. If I can find a nice way to add Solo / Mutes to the UI without clutter I will try to get that in for the next update :]

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:28 PM »
Another update, and lowered the price

fuzulu

• movement creates obstacles
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2017, 05:50:10 AM »
looks very interesting! any plans for a pc/mac version ? I could not be bothered to keep my ipad updated all the time so that it can run new apps...

Shaw

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2017, 04:41:46 PM »
Small suggestion. For the modulation section, instead of selecting source and destinations by “scrolling” up and down with your finger, could you do drop down lists?
I know the scrolling is cool, but from a UI perspective, the drop down list is faster, easier and more informative. There are just too many choices for scrolling.

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2017, 06:34:27 AM »
Small suggestion. For the modulation section, instead of selecting source and destinations by “scrolling” up and down with your finger, could you do drop down lists?
I know the scrolling is cool, but from a UI perspective, the drop down list is faster, easier and more informative. There are just too many choices for scrolling.

Yeah I'll experiment with something to address that

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2017, 06:35:43 AM »
looks very interesting! any plans for a pc/mac version ? I could not be bothered to keep my ipad updated all the time so that it can run new apps...

Probably not, sorry :[

I run this on an iPad mini, works fine! I can't imagine not using a randomizer at this point ;o
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:47:29 AM by mekohler »

fuzulu

• movement creates obstacles
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »
ahhh shucks, please consider making one... yeah that randomizer sounds like a perfect addition to a prophet 12, something I am sure I would enjoy a lot!

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2017, 07:21:25 PM »
Hello,

Finally have an old used iPad 2 running OSX 9.3.5 and the Oracle App.  So I have tried connecting straight from the iPad to the Prophet using a 30-Pin/USB to USB/USB-B.  No luck... the app didn't seem to recognize the Prophet (clicking the "wi-fi" button up in the top left corner of the app... I only see Network???).  Tried connecting Mac to Prophet using USB/USB-B cable and iPad over Network... can't figure out what's wrong with connecting this way.  I created a Session in Audio MIDI Setup... I was able to see my iPad in the Directory... I click Connect and get the following error: fe80::f2:3f07:dafc:bfec:5004 didn’t respond to the connection request. Check the address and port, and any firewall or router settings. (21:17:27)  Not sure what this means.  Not sure how to change the port on iPad or Mac... or if this is even necessary???

Other options I have at my disposal are a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Audio Interface and Maschine MK2 Hardware and DAW.  I have Logic on the Mac.  I feel like I have everything I need to make this work... I'm just not putting it all together correctly.

If I can't get this to work with what I have, I'm considering buying this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIConnect?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1dyN4qGu2AIVyLXACh0-_QRZEAQYAiABEgL6dPD_BwE  Does anyone have experience with such a product between an iPad and Prophet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2017, 07:57:53 AM »
Hello,

Finally have an old used iPad 2 running OSX 9.3.5 and the Oracle App.  So I have tried connecting straight from the iPad to the Prophet using a 30-Pin/USB to USB/USB-B.  No luck... the app didn't seem to recognize the Prophet (clicking the "wi-fi" button up in the top left corner of the app... I only see Network???).  Tried connecting Mac to Prophet using USB/USB-B cable and iPad over Network... can't figure out what's wrong with connecting this way.  I created a Session in Audio MIDI Setup... I was able to see my iPad in the Directory... I click Connect and get the following error: fe80::f2:3f07:dafc:bfec:5004 didn’t respond to the connection request. Check the address and port, and any firewall or router settings. (21:17:27)  Not sure what this means.  Not sure how to change the port on iPad or Mac... or if this is even necessary???

Other options I have at my disposal are a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Audio Interface and Maschine MK2 Hardware and DAW.  I have Logic on the Mac.  I feel like I have everything I need to make this work... I'm just not putting it all together correctly.

If I can't get this to work with what I have, I'm considering buying this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIConnect?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1dyN4qGu2AIVyLXACh0-_QRZEAQYAiABEgL6dPD_BwE  Does anyone have experience with such a product between an iPad and Prophet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael

1) What iOS version are you running? And what OS of the P12?

2) Do any other MIDI apps on your iPad connect properly to a Network session created on your Mac? Do any other MIDI apps detect the P12 or other hardware and work? Let's see if this is an app specific problem or a more global problem.

3) Make sure the P12 is set to use the USB and not the MIDI Port

I'm using a well-known iOS library for MIDI connection and have had no issues like that across any apps. I certainly wouldn't buy more things until you experiment some more with other apps that deal with MIDI first.

Let me know!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:02:17 AM by mekohler »

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2018, 02:00:47 AM »
Hello mekohler,

Well, I think I finally got the app to work over Network using Audio MIDI Setup.  I found this article (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7695767) which explains that IPv6 is broken in macOS Sierra.  I disabled IPv6 (for better or worse???) and the connection between the Prophet and the iPad worked after that.

OK... I've been playing with this app for about 30 min now and my mind is completely blown!  This is going to change everything about how I use the P12.  Thank you soooooooo much for this app.  It's really amazing.  Thank you again for your help with trying to trouble shoot this problem as well, it is appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2018, 06:08:23 AM »
Great! I'm glad you got it working.

I never program my P12 manually anymore either. Intelligent randomization is where it's at!

Feel free to petition DSI to send me the P6 or Rev2 so I can make apps for those as well :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:11:43 AM by mekohler »

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 02:41:28 AM »
Perhaps I was doing something wrong but I have not gotten anything remotely musical with the randomising. And I did turn off various modules to limit its range.

If i did miss something I’d love to know what as it sounded very promising.

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 08:51:41 AM »
The "Random" button will be more chaotic as it uses pure randomization, I almost never use it. The gold buttons of different patch flavors (Pad, Keys, Bass, VTG, etc) is where the intelligent randomization is utilized.

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 09:44:34 AM »
First of all great app! Love it!

I can get this to work without any problems in Windows 10 using midimux. My main problem though is that it seems I cannot use the iPad app sending/receiveing the parameters of the P12 at the same time trying to trigger midi notes to the P12 from within Bitwig Studio which is my main host.

Is this possible somehow?

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 05:11:18 AM »
Individual parameters are updated via NRPN. However, when you randomize entire Layers or many modules, I will use a Sysex dump to update the P12 / App. So, is Bitwig filtering NRPN / Sysex? I'm not sure how it handles those, you may have to search their forums.

I'm not actually sure what your problem is though. You are trying to use BitWig's piano roll to trigger the P12 keys, and that interferes with the app syncing? Need a few more details :]