One signal path !

One signal path !
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:13:41 AM »
Which synth also has only 1 signal path ??? The P12 !   >:(
How's that possible? The P12 is supposed to be one of the best synths currently available, but it has only one signal-path for the filters, vca and eg's in stead of one for each voice !
I owned a lot of synths since the 80's and only my cheapo Poly 800 has one signal path as well.
What a big bummer.
Can't believe that a renown magazine like Sound on Sound doesn't mention this... I really have to rethink my opinion about them.

Re: One signal path !
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »
Not quite sure what you are saying here, can you elaborate?

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:42:55 AM »
Some misunderstanding here. There is certainly two stereo signal paths all the way through to the outputs because I have been running Cassandra (my prophet12) in quadraphonic for over 18 months.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »
And is also has filters, VCAs and envelopes for each voice.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
The original poster may be confusing the voice architecture of the Pro-2 (one voice, with 4-osc mono-/paraphonic operation, two series / parallel filters) with that of the Prophet-12 (12 voices, each with 4-osc, two series / parallel filters).

On both units, the delays can be panned in stereo as well.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 11:22:16 PM »
Hey guys, can each voice be programmed separately? On a voice by voice basis.

W07

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
envelopes and lfo's (unsynced or without phase reset) are per voice.
You can't change the waveform per voice, but you could use the 'note played' source to modulate the parameters such as pulsewidth or wavetable position.
Same with filter properties, so there are quite a lot of per-voice modulation possibilities.
That's why it's called a polyphonic synth, and not a paraphonic one
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:02:54 PM by W07 »