Integrating Tempest with a midi Sequencer (Cirklon)

Integrating Tempest with a midi Sequencer (Cirklon)
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:06:47 AM »
So i'm on the waiting list for a Cirklon and was wondering if anyone with a Tempest could tell me how does it feel to use these two machines togheter, mainly the 2 sequencers.

I don't want to use 2 sequencers at a time: i find myself more productive with only one hardware as far as drum composition is concerned.
How does the tempest behave to the cirklon cc's: can the velocity, pitch and position in the sequence be controlled easily from the cirklon or you need to work between the twos?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Integrating Tempest with a midi Sequencer (Cirklon)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:52:53 AM »
I suggest any new Tempest users to visit first the tips & tricks thread...I wouldn't hold my breath for extensive Midi implementation so...
Taken from the tips & tricks thread:

Tempest can only accept Midi CC messages on main MIDI channel as follows:
CC# 12 - Distortion
CC# 13 - Compression
CC# 19 - a value other than 0 reverts Beat FX params to defaults
CC# 20 - Beat FX All Osc Frequency
CC# 21 - Beat FX Feedback
CC# 22 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Cutoff
CC# 23 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Resonance
CC# 24 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Audio Mod
CC# 25 - Beat FX Highpass Filter Cutoff
CC# 26 - Beat FX All Env Attack
CC# 27 - Beat FX All Env Decay
So i'm on the waiting list for a Cirklon and was wondering if anyone with a Tempest could tell me how does it feel to use these two machines togheter, mainly the 2 sequencers.

I don't want to use 2 sequencers at a time: i find myself more productive with only one hardware as far as drum composition is concerned.
How does the tempest behave to the cirklon cc's: can the velocity, pitch and position in the sequence be controlled easily from the cirklon or you need to work between the twos?

Thanks a lot!

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
Thanks Yorgos. So that means there's no way to control velocity for each channel... Hope Roger and Pym will implement midi then.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »
From various conversations on this forum my guess is we won't be seeing any new features only bug fixes so we're out of luck on this and many other things..Hope i'm wrong
Thanks Yorgos. So that means there's no way to control velocity for each channel... Hope Roger and Pym will implement midi then.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
Hi Paul,
You don't need a seperate cc to control velocity from the cirklon, velocity is part of the note you're sending. Means yes, you have full velocity control on all sounds. And you can not only use it to control the amp, in mod matrix you can get a whole lot of modulation going responding to the amount of velocity coming with every new note. i'm not very good at explaining in english, i'm sorry..=)

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 03:22:49 PM »
and by the way: you're waiting for the best hardware sequencer out there... imo...=)

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:05:08 AM »
and by the way: you're waiting for the best hardware sequencer out there... imo...=)

Thanks a lot Sontag, at the least i'm covered on note velocity... I guess if i'll find myself conscripted by the tempest midi limitations i'll have to swap it with another, similar drum machine.