SYNTHET - patch editor (Prophet'08 layout)

SYNTHET - patch editor (Prophet'08 layout)
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:47:05 AM »
Hi there,
I released SYNTHET - standalone unversal synthesizer patch editor.

MAIN FEATURES:
  • Parameter Control: Full communication and reflection between editor and synthesizer.
  • Multiple Instances: Ability to alternate between multiple patches for editing and sound design.
  • MIDI Control: Support up to 4 midi controllers with “learn” feature.
  • Program Manager: Powerful program manager for cataloging patches. Ability to use tags, import, and export patches./li]
Product page: http://codeknobs.com/synthet

I'm ready to discuss in this thread all questions regarding Prophet'08 and Synthet work.

Re: SYNTHET - patch editor (Prophet'08 layout)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »
Great editor! I love the instance feature. I feel like all synth editors need this. codeKnobs is an excellent guy too. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you for your hardwork.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 02:42:57 AM »
SYNTHET tutorial by Jig Dagod
https://youtu.be/BCZH1j4eavo

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:09:41 AM »
SYNTHET v1.05 Released!
New feature: UI scale

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:33 AM »
looks promising. i just look for a tool two open sound banks and upload single patches to the prophet and not the whole bank. i hope synthet will the solution

Herr Schmitz

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 06:35:39 PM »
I just quickly demoed it and I think there is a big opportuniy missing: The option to edit Layer A & B at the same time. If you want to have similar designs on layer A & B, only needing differences here and there, that would be great. Like the "Edit Button B Blinking Mode". Also copying A to B is probably missing (not sure).

Also but I'm not sure about this one: Is it only possible to start a project with one Synthesizer ? Is it not possible to use the editor with several synths at the same time ?

Thanks

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »
I just quickly demoed it and I think there is a big opportuniy missing: The option to edit Layer A & B at the same time. If you want to have similar designs on layer A & B, only needing differences here and there, that would be great. Like the "Edit Button B Blinking Mode". Also copying A to B is probably missing (not sure).

Also but I'm not sure about this one: Is it only possible to start a project with one Synthesizer ? Is it not possible to use the editor with several synths at the same time ?

Thanks
I have a plans to support different layers features.
Yes, you can run several instances of synthet for work with several synthesizers.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 02:21:22 AM »
SYNTHET v1.06 Released!

New features:
  • Support layers. Now you can load only specific layer of program, copy/paste layers etc.
  • "Lock Parameters". Now you can lock speceific parameters and when you load parogram from Program Manager these parameters will be skipped. For example you could lock Osc Frquency to get tones you want, lock envelopes to get sounds with dynamics you want and etc. To lock parameter just right click on it and choose "lock" in context menu. Locked parameters marks red locks icon.
  • Sound design tool "INTERPOLATOR". It allows you morph (interpolate) sound between source and destination and get alot interesting timbres. In conjunction with the "Lock paramters" it's a powerful sound design tool allows you get new sounds you want.
  • Sound design tool "TRANSPLANTATOR". This tool generates new sound by compile from multiple programs you selected (donors). It also allows you get alot of new intersting timbres and more powerful in conjunction with "Lock paramters".

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »
Synthet updated to v1.11
- New feature: Ctrl+Dbl Click on parameter reset it to default value
- Minor fixes

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 10:32:43 AM »
I so far really liked the demo of this, but does it work with my DAW too? I have a prophet 08 so I can only use the standalone and not a vstversion.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »
I so far really liked the demo of this, but does it work with my DAW too? I have a prophet 08 so I can only use the standalone and not a vstversion.
Vst version is coming soon.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »
Black friday sales available!

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 11:42:16 PM »
Synthet X-mas sale. Only for 14$!
http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=6