SYNTHET - patch editor (OB-6 layout)

SYNTHET - patch editor (OB-6 layout)
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:42:44 AM »
Hi there,
I released SYNTHET - standalone unversal synthesizer patch editor.

MAIN FEATURES:
  • Parameter Control: Full communication and reflection between editor and synthesizer.
  • Multiple Instances: Ability to alternate between multiple patches for editing and sound design.
  • MIDI Control: Support up to 4 midi controllers with “learn” feature.
  • Program Manager: Powerful program manager for cataloging patches. Ability to use tags, import, and export patches./li]
Product page: http://codeknobs.com/synthet

I'm ready to discuss in this thread all questions regarding OB-6 and Synthet work.

MasterVe

Re: SYNTHET - patch editor (OB-6 layout)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:03:31 PM »
nice but man i just paid 2300 for ob6. This just cost to much Money i will wait wait until I
 pay off My ob6 to buy this wish it was cheaper

dslsynth

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:18:55 PM »
How much does the editor cost? Asking because I want to know what people find is too expensive for an editor.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »
How much does the editor cost? Asking because I want to know what people find is too expensive for an editor.

The link is posted below. The price is $59.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
Anyone care to comment on how this software is working out for you?
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 02:16:18 AM »
Cool idea on universal control.

Does anyone have feedback on the "official" (it's listed in support) editor/plugin for the P6 and Ob6?
http://www.soundtower.com/ob6/

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 02:44:09 AM »
SYNTHET tutorial by Jig Dagod
https://youtu.be/BCZH1j4eavo

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »
Just watched the video you posted and I've got a few questions.

1. Is the "Map" controller setup saved separately with each preset or is it global? I mean, can each preset have it's own set of 4 parameters mapped and saved?

2. Why only 4 parameters?

Thanks!
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:47:47 AM »
Just watched the video you posted and I've got a few questions.

1. Is the "Map" controller setup saved separately with each preset or is it global? I mean, can each preset have it's own set of 4 parameters mapped and saved?

2. Why only 4 parameters?

Thanks!

Synthet allows to setup up to 4 midi controllers and map unlimited count parameters to this midi controllers. Mapping storing in synthet project.

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 02:10:21 AM »
SYNTHET v1.05 Released!
New feature: UI scale

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
Will future versions of Synthet support the REV2 and AS-1, as well?

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »
Will future versions of Synthet support the REV2 and AS-1, as well?
Yes, I plan to support these devices. But it also depends on DSI when they publish technical information about devices.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
Is anyone able to offer a comparison between this editor and the one offered by SoundTower? Is there a demo version for this one?

Jdoo

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 04:12:10 PM »
Is anyone able to offer a comparison between this editor and the one offered by SoundTower? Is there a demo version for this one?

I was fortunate enough, that a working version was sent to me for review purposes (I had reviewed the SoundTower editor in another thread).  Here is my comparison to that review.

Synthet

- no user manual.  Much like the SoundTower product, the user needs to figure stuff out for themselves.  I had issues connecting... but eventually got stuff straightened out and working.
- it is more of a 'general' editor.  OK if the OB-6 was not such a 'knobby' product --- but it is.  So it seems very basic.  Compared to the features of SoundTower... it was very basic.
- No 'program' level preferences, aside from connectivity that I could find.  This meant, being stuck with confusing mouse movements on controls, values that jumped from one value to the next, with no granularity.  Again- to compare it with SoundTower - ST has settings which define how your mouse interacts with the controls.
- No bank manager, or a confusing one at best.  There is a 'Program Manager' that allows importing and exporting banks, but not shuffling patches around, like a bank manager should do.
- No 'Sound Generators', which morph patches to similar timbres.  This is fairly unique to the SoundTower product, and I know the Sythet folks are looking into sound design features - but they dont exist yet.

In the plus column - he was extremely polite and helpful, even as I pointed out shortcomings. 

SoundTower:
Communication:  Other than an initial inquiry - I have never heard from SoundTower folks.  - ever - . Not for lack of trying.  I plopped my money down, and have sent a handful of inquiries, but never heard back. This is a problem.  Little things, like getting a list of what changed in the latest version?  Nope...  Tumbleweeds and crickets...

Unfinished UI:  The SoundTower has niggling little bits, like the wrong values in their 'Effects' dropdown lists.  So - while it shows "Flanger 1" in the ST GUI... you're actually editing values for Phase Shifter 1.  The values are actually stored correctly, and get called up right later on - but they display incorrectly.  Hard to trust settings that are showing the wrong tags.  This is off on both sets of effect banks

On the plus side - the SoundTower editor works fine, and the library management features work well.  It also has Sound Generators - which is just a wicked great way to make patches up.  Want sound effects?  Dial up sound effects you like.. and start morphing / jumbling them - and see if something cool comes up.  Purists, may scoff at the idea of software generating timbres... but honestly, they take pads, leads, effects, ... in directions I wouldnt have gone..

So - neither is perfect.   I almost, would rate Synthet better, just because he is trying, and responsive.  But if I'm being honest, the SoundTower stuff (warts and all) is a keeper.

Joe

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 04:39:40 PM »
Thank you for the thorough and candid comparison. I'm not sure I'm any closer to deciding, but all of that is very useful information.

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 02:17:02 AM »
SYNTHET v1.06 Released!

New features:
  • "Lock Parameters". Now you can lock speceific parameters and when you load parogram from Program Manager these parameters will be skipped. For example you could lock Osc Frquency to get tones you want, lock envelopes to get sounds with dynamics you want and etc. To lock parameter just right click on it and choose "lock" in context menu. Locked parameters marks red locks icon.
  • Sound design tool "INTERPOLATOR". It allows you morph (interpolate) sound between source and destination and get alot interesting timbres. In conjunction with the "Lock paramters" it's a powerful sound design tool allows you get new sounds you want.
  • Sound design tool "TRANSPLANTATOR". This tool generates new sound by compile from multiple programs you selected (donors). It also allows you get alot of new intersting timbres and more powerful in conjunction with "Lock paramters".

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 06:29:49 AM »
Synthet updated to v1.11
- New feature: Ctrl+Dbl Click on parameter reset it to default value
- Minor fixes

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »
Black friday sales available!

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2017, 11:43:09 PM »
Synthet X-mas sale. Only for 14$!
http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=6

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 04:22:40 AM »
Version 1.15 released!
New feateures:
- Polyphonic step sequencer control
- Dynamic changes parameters names in FX section.
- LFO FREQ and DELAY TIME in synced mode now shows bpm synced values.
- Dropdows by single click.
- Minor fixes and optimizations