Two Stereo Mophos?

Two Stereo Mophos?
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »
The manual says:

Audio Out:

Stereo, Mono, Quad, Q LR34 — Tetra has four audio outputs: 1/Left, 2/Right, 3, and 4. Stereo operation is the default. When set to Stereo, a stereo mix of all voices is available via the Left and Right outputs.

Note: Outputs 3 and 4 are always direct outputs for voices 3 and 4 and are mono, regardless of the Audio Out mode. Inserting a plug into output 3 or 4 does not remove that voice from the mix outputs when in Stereo or Mono mode.

I don't suppose there is a way to do exactly that- say:

1) a mono bass sound coming out of #4
2) a mono lead sound coming out of #3
3) a stereo, evolving pad coming out of #1+2

For that matter, can you:

1) have a fake leslie stereo monophonic sound coming out of #3+4
2) stereo monophonic pad out of #1+2

This would make my minimal synth/drum machine rig very convenient.

Thanks.

Re: Two Stereo Mophos?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 05:51:11 AM »
The manual says:

Audio Out:

Stereo, Mono, Quad, Q LR34 — Tetra has four audio outputs: 1/Left, 2/Right, 3, and 4. Stereo operation is the default. When set to Stereo, a stereo mix of all voices is available via the Left and Right outputs.

Note: Outputs 3 and 4 are always direct outputs for voices 3 and 4 and are mono, regardless of the Audio Out mode. Inserting a plug into output 3 or 4 does not remove that voice from the mix outputs when in Stereo or Mono mode.

I don't suppose there is a way to do exactly that- say:

1) a mono bass sound coming out of #4
2) a mono lead sound coming out of #3
3) a stereo, evolving pad coming out of #1+2

For that matter, can you:

1) have a fake leslie stereo monophonic sound coming out of #3+4
2) stereo monophonic pad out of #1+2

This would make my minimal synth/drum machine rig very convenient.

Thanks.

You most certainly can use voices 3+4 as separate outs on outputs 3+4, with voices 1+2 being fed out the stereo output. I can't speak to simulating two "stereo" Mophos by using outputs 3+4 as a "stereo" output (I believe they're only configurable as individual monos). In theory, you could hard-pan voices (L/R odd/even) and set voices 1+2 to MIDI ch n and voices 3+4 to MIDI ch m. My guess, though, is that you're looking to place voices within the stereo field, so that will not likely work without a mixer. (EDITED) These are fairly inexpensive and still available:

Tetras are also quite inexpensive when purchased used; chances are, I'm sure you could configure an A-B pair of 'em to do nearly anything you wanted (e.g., stereo A1+A2 | B1+B2 / mono A3 | A4 | B3 | B4).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:04:52 AM by DavidDever »
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000