Sequencer data to MIDI-out

Sequencer data to MIDI-out
« on: December 28, 2016, 08:39:46 AM »
Maybe I'm silly as a donkey or the PRO2 cannot send its sequencer-note-data to its MIDI-output...
Anyway, I cannot find it: searched the web, read the manual, there's nowhere an answer to this question.

Can anyone help me out here?

ps: it send its notes played on the keyboard nicely, but not by the sequencer.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:42:19 AM by geensj »

Re: Sequencer data to MIDI-out
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:18:20 AM »
No one?

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:14:30 PM »
it can't! crazy I know -especially since the arp does it perfectly well...

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 12:20:05 PM »
This bummed me out too. The sequencer is so nice that I wish I could share the patterns with other instruments.     I've had some success using the CV out for this purpose though.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:08:12 AM »
Indeed, crazy, you can through the cv-outs but not midi...  :-(

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:55:01 AM »
You can output a sequence as midi.

Load the Init patch

Select Track 2.

Set dest to Out 1 ch 1.

Program in your steps using the knobs not the keyboard.

Job done.

Not perfect but useable.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 08:27:04 PM »
If you create a sequence the normal way on track 1, you can copy and paste it to another track and set that track's destination to MIDI.
Nord Wave 2
Echo Fabric - electro-jazz chill
https://echofabric.com

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 11:10:42 PM »
If you create a sequence the normal way on track 1, you can copy and paste it to another track and set that track's destination to MIDI.

Would that carry over note, velocity and slop? I'm not in the position to test it atm.

Why have a sequencer at all if it's not able to send midi pattern and track parameter data as midi?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:12:14 PM by ARNK »
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 07:07:09 PM »

Would that carry over note, velocity and slop? I'm not in the position to test it atm.

Why have a sequencer at all if it's not able to send midi pattern and track parameter data as midi?

Ok, that seems to work with the note value but not the velocity/slop values.

What if for example you had the first 6 tracks dedicated to a certain effect, have we come to the conclusion that the only way to handle the transfer of all of this midi data would be via manual editing of notes and automation of effects within a DAW? As opposed to automatically transferring the programming done in the PRO 2 and recording it all straight into Cubase (or your DAW of choice) as MIDI, not just the audio.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:14:48 PM by ARNK »
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.