Step sequencer behavior (warning, novice question)

Step sequencer behavior (warning, novice question)
« on: December 28, 2016, 12:27:47 AM »
Hello folks! I am the glad new owner of a Tempest!
I have been reading the manual and playing around with it for the last half day and everything seems quite clear and sound in terms of operation: I have used many other drum machines and sequencers and for this one I barely had do double check on the manual here and there.

Jus one thing still puzzles me: If I record a pattern on the fly and then check on the step sequencer screen, everything looks and acts as usual; if I initialize a beat and try to compose a beat manually step by step, it looks like each measure  lasts double the time it should be, with the tempo cursor actually moving at half the tempo from left to right.

I am for sure doing something wrong... but what? thanks in advance ^_^

Re: Step sequencer behavior (warning, novice question)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:33:20 AM »
Check the time signature of your saved initialized beat by going into your edit menu. I remember my initialized beat I'd load to start fresh was saved in a different time sig that always threw me off. Set an re save as your initialized beat if its off.

Your quantize settings also effect what you see in the edit window

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
Thanks:I did not notice how the quantize settings affects the step editing, I totally missed that ^_^

Shea

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »
It makes sense if you think about it. Step sequencing is basically harsh quantization