Loose knobs ?

Re: Loose knobs ?
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2022, 01:59:32 PM »
Hello!

I have bought a Prophet 6 in 11/2021 brand new from thomann.de serial 8900+ and it still has the same cheap/poor/bad/ugly/worst wobbly knobs... Not good at all for this top price instrument...

Thanks for your reply synththeory.

I know talking about loose knobs/pots is subjective. I was hoping a few users would have popped in with a "me too" or "not me", to build an average from.

I'm including a short clip demonstrating what happens when grabbing the knob from different angles as if tweaking the setting. This applies to quite a few of the pots (1/4 - 1/3 maybe). I also notice that some of the LEDs are dim and appear almost off, and the pitch wheel sometimes drops registration of the up movement. Calibrating it fixes it for a while though.

Here is the youtube vid:

I should have purchased it from a reputable place like Sweetwater. I bought it new on amazon, sold by a third party Unique Squared. Seems they have a 15% restocking fee even if item is completely broken, which is significant considering the 3k price tag.

First foray into DSI and really bummed.

Re: Loose knobs ?
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2022, 06:45:50 AM »
Got mine in 2017 brand new, still in the box. No loose knobs but the mod wheel was loose. Easy fix after contacting DSI. Excellent service. My fav synth and I have a small herd of them.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.