Can you play into the synth part of the Tempest?

LoboLives

Can you play into the synth part of the Tempest?
« on: December 21, 2016, 01:23:38 AM »
I'm aware that you can use the Tempest as a 6 voice analog synth but I'm curious can you record bass tracks or patterns via an external keyboard and save them as part of a beat or song?

Re: Can you play into the synth part of the Tempest?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 11:13:51 AM »
hi lobolives,
yes you can record monophonic midi notes into the sequencer of the tempest. just make sure to match up the midi channel of your keys with the synth channel on the tempest. you find all the settings in the system menu.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 03:13:30 AM »
hi lobolives,
yes you can record monophonic midi notes into the sequencer of the tempest. just make sure to match up the midi channel of your keys with the synth channel on the tempest. you find all the settings in the system menu.

This is wonderful. Thank you. I'm planning on having the Tempest be my main sequencer. I would like to be able to sequence two ARP Odyssey Modules externally however I have a few questions about this.

Can I transpose the sequence. Say I have my Prophet playing into the Tempest and it's sequencing the ARPs with a sequence that starts on the key of E can I hit the C key on my Prophet and have the sequence transpose?

With the 16 Mutes function when I mute the pad will that also stop the Midi signal to the ARPs?

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 04:09:57 AM »
hi lobolives,

This is wonderful. Thank you. I'm planning on having the Tempest be my main sequencer. I would like to be able to sequence two ARP Odyssey Modules externally however I have a few questions about this.

Can I transpose the sequence. Say I have my Prophet playing into the Tempest and it's sequencing the ARPs with a sequence that starts on the key of E can I hit the C key on my Prophet and have the sequence transpose?

With the 16 Mutes function when I mute the pad will that also stop the Midi signal to the ARPs?

Tempest can only sequence externally on one channel so two won't do.I didn't get the other question about the Prophet..

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 08:06:24 AM »
hi lobolives,

Tempest can only sequence externally on one channel so two won't do.I didn't get the other question about the Prophet..

Really? Oh man....that stinks.

Oh I mean can you transpose the sequence that's running on the tempest.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.Quoted from the tips and tricks thread on Juan Solo's External Sequencing Setup...
"For now the Tempest only sends pitch, velocity, and duration." So yes you can...

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 07:45:59 AM »
Sorry for the late reply.Quoted from the tips and tricks thread on Juan Solo's External Sequencing Setup...
"For now the Tempest only sends pitch, velocity, and duration." So yes you can...

I wonder if a new OS will have multiple Midi out channels for each voice.