knobs problem

knobs problem
« on: October 29, 2017, 11:55:02 AM »
Hi guys,

in the last days i've experienced a roblem with my little boy.
The filter cutoff1 and resonance1 knobs moves horizontally and verically.They are loose.Any suggestion to fix the problem?
Ayway the functionality is perfect.

They are screwed to the board?

Re: knobs problem
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 02:01:35 AM »
No one of you has the same problem?

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 05:59:00 AM »
The knobs can wiggle slightly, but not dramatically, i.e. not in the sense that you have to fear they will eventually fall off. If you have the feeling that they are actually loose, I would recommend to record a brief video with your phone and send it to support@davesmithinstruments.com.

PS: The potentiometers and encoders are soldered to the board.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 06:19:35 AM »
The knobs are slightly moving.Nothing dramatic.
Speaking with some italians users i've found the same behaviour in this synh and in other dsi synths.So should be a normal situation

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 06:29:07 AM »
Ah okay, then this is within tolerance. If you should, however, ever experience a problem with a loose potentiometer or encoder that causes constrained functionality or no functionality at all, you can just get in touch with the support. They are very responsive and will assist you quickly in getting things sorted out.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »
I had this issue with my main volume knob, but it was slightly out of tolerance. DSI responded almost immediately after I sent in a help ticket, and even though the condition was boderline, they resoldered the potentiometer for me anyways.
Top notch service!