Recording from DSI PRO2 to Logic

Recording from DSI PRO2 to Logic
« on: December 14, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
Hi, when I create a track in Logic for the pro2 it only plays back the piece when I have the volume up on the pro2, i.e. it records alright but needs the pro2 to play back. Is this right or can I not record from the pro2 and then play it back but with Logic alone.

I'm using it as a midi for Alchemy and it's fine it's only when when I need to play from the PRO2 itself the playback hinges on it having to be connected and with its own volume. I'm using a Focusrite for the interface. Perhaps someone can lend a hand. Thank you.

Re: Recording from DSI PRO2 to Logic
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 05:24:41 PM »
When playing the Pro-2, two types of output are generated:
  • MIDI from the keyboard and onboard controllers
  • Audio (stereo or mono) from the VCFs/VCA audio path, plus panning delays

If you wish to use Logic's MIDI editing functionality, then you'd need a MIDI track, in addition to an audio one (or pair, if you're recording the Pro-2's delays in stereo). This would allow you to record a single track, edit it if necessary, then playback the MIDI to the Pro-2 and (re-)record the audio in sync with the sequencer.

Once you have an audio track, you can mute the MIDI track and record your next MIDI track in a similar manner.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

Re: Recording from DSI PRO2 to Logic
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:57:00 AM »
Hi David, thanks for your reply. Sounds great, will follow this up at the weekend. Thanks a mill