Trying to decide a sequencer set up.

Re: Trying to decide a sequencer set up.
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2017, 10:15:57 AM »

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 05:21:33 AM »
I am still exploring options here, and over the past few months, find myself increasingly using my Squarp Pyramid after initially having ignored it for the first few weeks after purchase (I could not get myself to go through the learning curve). But now: compact and easy to use.

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »
I've been looking at the Synthstrom Deluge. Anyone try it out yet?

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2018, 06:52:14 AM »
I am still exploring options here, and over the past few months, find myself increasingly using my Squarp Pyramid after initially having ignored it for the first few weeks after purchase (I could not get myself to go through the learning curve). But now: compact and easy to use.

Squarp keeps on updating the firmware and the device is getting better and better, yesterday the beta for V3.0 came out: http://squarp.net/pyraos
This device is now the heart of my set up, I have hooked things up pretty much like it is described in this video: I use a Motu MIDI interface instead, and have 1 MIDI controller going into the Squarp on which I can lay down patterns.

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »

Squarp keeps on updating the firmware and the device is getting better and better, yesterday the beta for V3.0 came out: http://squarp.net/pyraos
This device is now the heart of my set up, I have hooked things up pretty much like it is described in this video: I use a Motu MIDI interface instead, and have 1 MIDI controller going into the Squarp on which I can lay down patterns.

I haven't tried the 3.0 beta yet, I'm a little worried about the couple of reports of it crashing.  One is when connected to a computer (mac) which I don't do ever so much of a muchness on that, but it's a beta so of course we are testing for them.  I guess I'm saying I want the final release!

And on a side note regarding sequencers, I've found a replacement encoder for my e5000 so finally pulled it back out again. It has a very basic sequencer, but a very high number of events it can store which will be able to do my fader automation without eating precious events or clogging up the MIDI bandwidth (run it straight into to the digital desks).