dsiforum.com Still Activating Registration?

dsiforum.com Still Activating Registration?
« on: November 30, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this but I've just picked up a Tempest and I've been trying to get as many different Sysex files and interesting patches as I can -- I'm especially looking to download the YellowRabbit vintage patches at the other dsiforum. So naturally I went and tried to register over at dsiforum.com but its now been OVER a week and my account STILL has not been activated by an Admin. So, I am reaching out here to see if I can get any information as to the status of the forum and whether or not they are still activating new accounts? Or, if possible, it'd be great if someone could post the YellowRabbit "vintage" Sysex files (or any other worthwhile sysex files). Cheers

Re: dsiforum.com Still Activating Registration?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »
This a many more patches from the unofficial forum can be found to the "Various Tempest Patches" at the bottom of the first post in this thread:
http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,34.0.html

As for the old forum i think has been abandoned..

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:52:55 PM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »
I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic... I hope I'm understanding the sentiment of this thread.

I'd like to try to start rolling some of the bigger Tempest threads over to this forum and making sure to sticky them. For example, a Sysex sharing thread with a master list on the first post would be a good resource (EDIT: I think we already have that though!), I believe. Similarly, the Tempest Video Performance thread would also serve as a great resource for performance idea sharing as well as a bit of self promotion.

I haven't had time recently and didn't want to do this while people were still transitioning to the official forum. Hopefully I can work on migrating those threads before the end of the year, though. As for dead links and stuff like that... I'm afraid we'll just have to abandon those :(

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 03:29:26 AM »
Steven, as for the dead Sysex links on the unofficial forum i took care of that by uploading the various tempest patches in the patch exchange thread i've created..I was hunting Sysex files there from the moment i bought T and thought it was great idea to contribute on this board.Only thing that's missing now is your original video thread...We're waiting patiently ;)
I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic... I hope I'm understanding the sentiment of this thread.

I'd like to try to start rolling some of the bigger Tempest threads over to this forum and making sure to sticky them. For example, a Sysex sharing thread with a master list on the first post would be a good resource (EDIT: I think we already have that though!), I believe. Similarly, the Tempest Video Performance thread would also serve as a great resource for performance idea sharing as well as a bit of self promotion.

I haven't had time recently and didn't want to do this while people were still transitioning to the official forum. Hopefully I can work on migrating those threads before the end of the year, though. As for dead links and stuff like that... I'm afraid we'll just have to abandon those :(

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 07:22:40 AM »
Yeah that dsi site has seen a lot of spam lately. Seems to have more tumbleweeds than actual quality posts...

dslsynth

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 08:33:31 AM »
Yeah that dsi site has seen a lot of spam lately. Seems to have more tumbleweeds than actual quality posts...

Yeah just saw that. Too bad there are no community moderators there. Anyway, one have to give them that some of the newer contents is "a bit grown up" (or not).

. o O ( :o )
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature