help with serial number

help with serial number
« on: November 29, 2016, 05:53:12 AM »
Good day all!
in  Evolver Desktop - os 3.0 dsp 3.1.
I want to download the latest version of the DSP.
There are two versions of 3.4 and 3.5, depending on the serial number.

But I lost  a piece of paper with the serial number on the synthesizer. Can I see the serial number , for example on the motherboard?

Thanks in advance for your help
Iliya

chysn

Re: help with serial number
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:41:01 AM »
I don't think the motherboard has the serial number (it might...), but if you're comfortable opening the thing up, there's a big rectangular chip right next to the buttons, and it should have a white sticker on it. And then there's a smaller, square-ish, socketed chip to the right of that somewhere, which should also have a sticker on it. If you can photograph these, we might be able to figure out how old your Evolver is.

Also: Is the big rectangular chip with the sticker on it socketed or soldered directly to the circuit board? My memory is a bit hazy, but I think that these are socketed in early Evolvers, and directly soldered later on. They could be replaced, as I recall, in older Evolvers. Not with the newest version, but with a newer version. Anyway, pictures would be helpful.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:55:18 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: help with serial number
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:30:45 AM »
Should be on a sticker the back of the unit, at the right hand side next to the power socket.  Or is that what you have lost?