Having the pitch wheel only affect one oscillator?

LoboLives

Having the pitch wheel only affect one oscillator?
« on: November 28, 2016, 06:25:04 PM »
What I loved about the Oberheim OB-Xa was the dual pitch controller which allowed you to pitch either one or both oscillators which created some interesting affects. The pad and slow pitch decent of Billy Idol's Eyes Without A Face is a good example. I'm curious is there any way you can only assign one oscillator to the pitch wheel?

Re: Having the pitch wheel only affect one oscillator?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 12:00:29 AM »
In general, one could assign the pitch of the second oscillator to the mod wheel / lever - I do this on the MIDI-to-CV variant of the Tom Oberheim SEM - but you'd probably need to sacrifice the LFO on the Prophet-6 to do this.

Negative aftertouch applied to the second oscillator's frequency might be the better option, and is totally hands-free!
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

LoboLives

Re: Having the pitch wheel only affect one oscillator?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 02:50:09 AM »
In general, one could assign the pitch of the second oscillator to the mod wheel / lever - I do this on the MIDI-to-CV variant of the Tom Oberheim SEM - but you'd probably need to sacrifice the LFO on the Prophet-6 to do this.

Negative aftertouch applied to the second oscillator's frequency might be the better option, and is totally hands-free!

I can do this with aftertouch but the problem is when I release the key it falls back to it's original pitch. I'm more after having it only rise OR fall down and having it retrigger from it's original position/pitch as opposed to going up and down.

How would you assign the pitch of the second oscillator to the mod wheel on the Prophet? Also when you say sacrifice the LFO...do you mean permanently remove it all together?