Tempest Record Button LED light is very weak..

Tempest Record Button LED light is very weak..
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:52 AM »
Hello everyone :)

i just purchased a used Tempest and i am enjoying the machine (lots of fun)
But there is one thing that i have noticed,and thats is the record button LED light..
It is very weak and its almost impossible to se if the machine is armed for recording, if all the lights are on in the studio.
There is not very bright lights in my studio so the LED on this Tempest is definately not very good..
All other LED`s on the unit are bright and there is no problem to see them in any situation..

Any others here having this problem?
Is it easy to replace this LED?
Would be very grateful to get some help with this issue.

Cheers!

Re: Tempest Record Button LED light is very weak..
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 05:07:19 AM »
Never heard of this before so maybe it's a one case thing.I would contact support if i were you the guys there are very helpful..

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 08:14:22 AM »
Thank you Yorgos.
I have started a case at DSI support on this. Crossing fingers that it will be an easy solution for it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:21:35 AM by MatztaM »

Stoss

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:28:21 PM »
Thank you Yorgos.
I have started a case at DSI support on this. Crossing fingers that it will be an easy solution for it.

Same exact thing happened to me. They repaired the unit. All is good.

maNŒuvre

• That which cannot be put into words...
    • Music
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 05:55:00 AM »
Thank you Yorgos.

What was the solution? I'm in the UK, and in the same situation. Except I have no record light at all. :-X
'Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.' Victor Hugo

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 05:57:37 AM »
Same goes here contact support and they'll sort it out...
Thank you Yorgos.

What was the solution? I'm in the UK, and in the same situation. Except I have no record light at all. :-X

maNŒuvre

• Music
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 06:00:29 AM »
Thank you Yorgos.

I have already contacted support. I'm wondering how complex it is to fix. As I'm in London and don't want to be without my long sought after Tempest.  ::)
'Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.' Victor Hugo

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 06:04:40 AM »
Ask them if it's difficult to repair it yourself by sending you the faulty component.If it's difficult they can still send it over to you and if you have a repair guy who can trust he can do it for you.
Thank you Yorgos.

I have already contacted support. I'm wondering how complex it is to fix. As I'm in London and don't want to be without my long sought after Tempest.  ::)

maNŒuvre

• Music
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 06:07:05 AM »
Yes, I had similar with a Prophet 08 button once. I don't have a soldering iron though. And I'm hoping it might be a simple repair...

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 06:09:33 AM »
In some other case that's what i did with my Octatrack's faulty button.It costed me 10 bucks or else if i had to send it over there i would have to pay 150 euro cause i was out of warranty!In such things you have to be flexible...