Internal Clipping in Paraphonic Mode?

Internal Clipping in Paraphonic Mode?
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »
I have seen some similar posts but am unable to tell if this has been a known issue for some units or not.

It is extremely often that I get distortion in Paraphonic mode. It does not matter how much I turn down the Paraphonic volume - I can get distortion at all (audible) levels. The distortion is not broadband distortion - it is much more akin to crossover distortion that could be heard in a class a/b tube amp. It's in the higher frequencies and more apparent on purer sounds (sine, etc). It sounds as if all of the oscillators are mixed at too hot of a signal and the single volume control simply turns the output of that mixer down. Of course, I could be wrong. I wish there was a block diagram showing the signal flow.

Does anyone know if there is a way to troubleshoot in order to know if what I'm experiencing is normal or not?

Re: Internal Clipping in Paraphonic Mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »
Is there anyone else experiencing anything similar to what I've described above? I'm loving this synth but keep continue to experience this and am interested to know if it's just my unit.

Re: Internal Clipping in Paraphonic Mode?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:04:08 PM »
Well it seems like I found the cause of my trouble. I changed out my monitors for a new pair of KRK V8 series 4's, and...damn. There's no more distortion. In fact, I feel like I'm hearing the Pro 2 again for the first time! It's just beautiful.

Apologies if I caused anxiety for anyone. The strange thing is I never heard anything like that on any other synths or drum machines I had run through the previous setup. At any rate I'm blown away by these monitors and how gorgeous the Pro 2 sounds through them. Makes me want to incorporate a Prophet 12 ASAP! I think I just realized what the synthesist's second most important piece of equipment is.  :D