List of factory patches?

List of factory patches?
« on: November 21, 2016, 11:53:45 AM »
Is there a list somewhere online of the factory presets for the Evolver? I've searched but ain't yet found...

Re: List of factory patches?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:04:15 PM »
Do you mean downloads of banks or a list of preset names?

You can download all the sound banks for the different Evolver models via the support section: https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/support/

Then just select your type of Evolver and click on "Support" on the right side.

If you're looking for a list of the actual program names, you can find them via the same way. There's of course no such list for the Desktop Evolver, as there are no names to be displayed. There also happens to be no such list for the MEK.

Anyway, here's the list for the PEK/PER sounds: http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/downloads/poly_evolver_key/programs/PEK_Program_Names.pdf?eb71fa

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:25:35 PM »
Cheers, Paul. Yeah - it was the actual listing of preset names I needed.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:32:39 PM »
And don't forget about this valuable information:

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,121.0.html

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 12:37:32 PM »
Hey gang  I'm finally back in Berlin with my Evolver hooked up to MIDI. I've downloaded the Evolver 3.0 sound bank from the DSI site, but the patches don't seem to match the descriptive names. Numan Cars Bass, (program 3, bank 1) for example, don't sound a drop like what I'd imagine it ought. Same with most - something obvious . Can anyone shed light?

I'm still barely dipping toes in the Evolver pond, but now that I'm in Berlin with a more reliable set-up, I'd like to wade in all the way to my knees at least. Hints on sorting out them sounds?

dslsynth

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »
May I recommend that you install the MEK sounds on your Evolver as they are very good? That was basically the first thing I did once MIDI connectivity was obtained.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 05:16:00 PM »
May I recommend that you install the MEK sounds on your Evolver as they are very good? That was basically the first thing I did once MIDI connectivity was obtained.

Ah - I see. I didn't notice I'd installed the PEK set. I just grabbed what was on the DSI site.
I'll go ahead and pinch the MEK sounds, but can you lead me to a list of MEK patch names, if such exists?
Cheers!

dslsynth

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 04:47:53 PM »
can you lead me to a list of MEK patch names, if such exists?

Well the easiest way is probably DIY. So I wrote a short C++ command line program that takes a list of sysex files and prints the Evolver name messages it contains in a readable format. Hope this helps!

Use: rename to a file extension your C++ compiler supports, compile the program, run as command line utility, names are printed on the standard output.
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »
can you lead me to a list of MEK patch names, if such exists?

Well the easiest way is probably DIY. So I wrote a short C++ command line program that takes a list of sysex files and prints the Evolver name messages it contains in a readable format. Hope this helps!

Use: rename to a file extension your C++ compiler supports, compile the program, run as command line utility, names are printed on the standard output.

Dare I say, I have zero idea what a C++ compiler is!! You know that old saying, "you can program a mono-synth but you can't make it lead a horse to water"? That's me on a good day! I mean, I know C++ is a programming language, but beyond that, it's beyond me...! 

dslsynth

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 05:01:31 PM »
You see that is where the DIY part comes into play! ;)

Anyway, what type of computer and OS are you using? Windows? Mac? Are you familiar with using a command line interface in a terminal window?

For the record: a compiler is a program that translate the source code for a program into a binary executable file that can be run by a user.
#!/bin/sh